What's new

Thymes Eucalyptus

After trial-and-error shopping for colognes on our beach trip, I've come up with a bottle of Thymes Eucalyptus cologne. I'll post a full review after I wear it a while, but here is a heads-up.

The scent smells a lot like clean linen. It seems like it will work with a lot of different scents (witch hazel, aftershave, fabric softener, etc) without getting buried. My first impression is quite good.

Most importantly, my wife loves it...and it doesn't bother her allergies or mine. We argued a bit over my earlier attempts - C&E, Brooks Brothers, Royall - but stumbled upon Thymes in a scent shop and knew we both really liked it. As I'm not looking to pick up women, my wife is my number one critic and target audience, and I don't want to get a fragrance that is going to turn her off.

Again, on first impressions, I'd highly recommend this product - let's see if it will stand the test of a week or so.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
After trial-and-error shopping for colognes on our beach trip, I've come up with a bottle of Thymes Eucalyptus cologne. I'll post a full review after I wear it a while, but here is a heads-up.

The scent smells a lot like clean linen. It seems like it will work with a lot of different scents (witch hazel, aftershave, fabric softener, etc) without getting buried. My first impression is quite good.

Most importantly, my wife loves it...and it doesn't bother her allergies or mine. We argued a bit over my earlier attempts - C&E, Brooks Brothers, Royall - but stumbled upon Thymes in a scent shop and knew we both really liked it. As I'm not looking to pick up women, my wife is my number one critic and target audience, and I don't want to get a fragrance that is going to turn her off.

Again, on first impressions, I'd highly recommend this product - let's see if it will stand the test of a week or so.

Do either of you have significant allergy problems wearing cologne/perfume? It would be interesting to find out which ones are less inflammatory.

Do either of you have significant allergy problems wearing cologne/perfume? It would be interesting to find out which ones are less inflammatory.

My wife definitely is more sensitive to perfumes & colognes. I've grown more sensitive over time. Our general rule, based on experience, is that the department-store brands have something in them that drives us crazy. Watery eyes, closed up throat, et cetera.

I had a good run with Yardley's English Lavender. I quit wearing it because it didn't seem compatible with my aftershave. My wife did OK with Lil's Lavender but she had the same problem with staying power. Her lotions (Avalon Organics, Burts Bees, Kiss My Face) have good scents and don't bother her, so perfume is sort of a moot point for her.

In trying the few fragrances lately, I noticed that Royall seemed to be the least offensive to our allergies. C&E was OK but irritated her a bit. Brooks Brothers had that base that universally bothers us.

Thymes is a win-win fragrance. It has good staying power (so far) and neither one of us is irritated by its presence. If the Eucalyptus continues to be a good fragrance, my wife will probably look into getting a fragrance for herself.

Top Bottom