What's new

This would be me…

…if I ever went to Scotland

IMG_1029.jpeg

…if I ever went to Scotland

View attachment 1813809

And god alone knows what'd happen if ye ever ever to Wales!

I wonder if they would let me bring it on the plane as my carry on. I guess I could tell them it was my pillow.

I've done this quite a lot. You are allowed whetstones in carry on, though you will have your bag searched. Whetstones spook x-ray machine operators cos they kinda look like a block of coke.

You can take uncut rock too, but that really confuses them. One time I took some pretty large pieces in hand luggage and they called the head of security at Heathrow to come down and ok it. After abut 10 mins deliberation and checking, he came back and said: 'Well it's not against the letter of the law, so I suppose you can go through.'

I think he might have thought I was a bit weird though.

You can take uncut rock too, but that really confuses them. One time I took some pretty large pieces in hand luggage and they called the head of security at Heathrow to come down and ok it. After abut 10 mins deliberation and checking, he came back and said: 'Well it's not against the letter of the law, so I suppose you can go through.'

And ^this^ is the reason you have a Tavy Stone @Legion.

Legion

Staff member
I wonder if they would let me bring it on the plane as my carry on. I guess I could tell them it was my pillow.

I've done this quite a lot. You are allowed whetstones in carry on, though you will have your bag searched. Whetstones spook x-ray machine operators cos they kinda look like a block of coke.

Tell them you are a vampire, and you have to sleep on your native earth.

Tell them you are a vampire, and you have to sleep on your native earth.

I’ve seen the bloke who’s head of security at Heathrow… if I’d said that I suspect he would’ve punched me. And also that it would’ve hurt quite a lot.

Legion

Staff member
Aye!

I brought a fair bit of that rock back to Aus. It was just so bloody hard that I only ever flattened some of the smaller bits.
Its a nice finisher though. Need to start buying diamond plates by the case, and teaching small children how to lap stones for pennies.

I tried to bring a spherical piece of obsidian about the size of a grapefruit
in my carry on luggage in Guatemala.
It was confiscated.

I tried to bring a spherical piece of obsidian about the size of a grapefruit
in my carry on luggage in Guatemala.
It was confiscated.

Mmm, I think that was ambitious. I doubt my uncut rocks would've got through if I didn't have a nice English accent, and also a number of other (cut) whetstones with me to validate the story. What was your reason for the ball? Cos in my mind it's going down something like this...

- Hola Senor. Un momento. Que es esto?

-
Oh it's an orb.

- Que?

- AN ORB!

- Y porque teneis este ‘orb’?

-
Umm... well I don't know if it does anything to be honest, I've not tried. It's just yer standard Obsidian orb. Same as everybody takes home with them.

- [Confiscates orb].

Last edited:
Mmm, I think that was ambitious. I doubt my uncut rocks would've got through if I didn't also have a number of cut whetstones with me to validate the story. What was your reason for the ball? Cos in my mind it's going down something like this...

- Hola Senor. Un momento. Que es esto?

-
Oh it's an orb.

- Y porque lo teneis?

-
Umm... well I don't know if it does anything to be honest, I've not tried. It's just yer standard Obsidian orb. Same as everybody takes home with them.

- [Confiscates orb].

You got Que Es Esto right.

Me: Es una piedra.

Then she explained that I would have to put it in checked luggage,
which for reasons of time, was not practical.

Me: La piedra es tuya ahora.

I had wanted to give it to a flint knapper.

Top Bottom