What's new

🧑‍🚀🌝🪐💫☄️ This week’s SOTD thread March 25th to Sunday 31st March theme is Space Week. 🛰️🛸🚀📡🌞

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3165.JPG

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1st use)
Brush: Omega 10810
Cream: ARKO Hydrate
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

First time using Skin Bracer, I like it a lot. It's smells like a milk bar, milkshakes and spiders (floats), and the lollies I'd get there as a kid; mint, vanilla, musk (specifically like the musk lollies we have here in Australia), lavender/violet, and maybe some lime. Later on it gets a bit more medicinal, and a little like mothballs and maybe play-doh. Good shave as well.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_0870.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Hereditas Boar.
2) England: Shaving Cream TOBS Almond.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) England: Razor Blade Vintage Wilkinson Sword The Light Brigade Chromium blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Power Mountain Water.
7) France: EDT Lomani.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD: 30th March 2024.

25.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10005.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF. (Tallow)
Blade: Personna injector PTFE (D1)
Razor: Gem Micromatic (OC)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Lemon Eau De Cologne./Bulldog Original Moisturiser./ Hugo Boss Dark Blue EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend... Two maiden outings with the Omega 10005 boar brush & a combined face & head shave using the Gem Micromatic (OC) Personna injector PTFE blade duo. The verdict?. I found that hack works superbly the injector blade sits comfortably behind the blade pins and once the top cap was clamped down the blade was even and the blade gap was the same. Most importantly there was no moment in-between each pass.

I forgot how much audio feedback you get from vintage SE razors especially the Gem Micromatic.

I gave the Omega 10005 boar my pre-cleaning ritual a five minute soak in tepid water & pre-wash with baby shampoo, Dettol anti-bacterial & Palmolive hand bars soap leaving it to soak for a few minutes to get rid of any manufacturing nasties, remove any loose hairs repeated the process to remove the faint natural piggy fragrance which the soap removed and finally a rinse with warm & cold water to remove any soap residue. I let the brush fully dry out for 48 hours making it ready to use. I look forward to using the Omega 10005 in my future shaves as I know it'll get better with each outing.

As with any razor shaving confidence, a light touch, & good technique are the key to a comfortable close shave especially the Gem Micromatic (OC).All in all I'm very impressed with the Injector blade hack, the shave felt comfortable with a very close finish. However, If I had to choose between using the Personna Injector PTFE blade /Gem PTFE blade in the Gem Micromatic (OC) then I prefer the Gem blade purely because I still have quite a large amount of Gem PTFE blades which will take some time to use up with future shaves.

I will however continue to pair the Gem Micromatic (OC) with the injector blade again in future shaves.

A very close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Hugo Boss Dark Blue EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are both feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

sotd 30-3

Can't praise these blades enough. Go well in every razor I have, and perform well from the first use, which I cannot say for all blades! And this soap, next to the Sheep, is also a must have if you like scentless / neutral soaps. Conclusion: excellent shave this morning.

PS: switched the RR GC with the Rocca just before the shave, so it is not in the photo.

Mühle - Rocca R96
Personna - Comfort coated (3)
Mühle - STF size M
Stirling - Naked & Smooth
Tabac - Original AS
Balea - Men Sensitive ASB

full

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL++
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Art Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 6th and final shave with the Henson AL++ razor and Personna Medical Prep blade. Since this is a milder razor, I get many more shaves out of the blade. Today’s brush is the B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Vey. This was the first Rudy Vey brush that I acquired. The vintage Williams is on its 100th use. Have a great day and weekend, folks.

Titanium: Stainless Steel Meets Aluminum

Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx-Ti
Blade: Apache Titanium
Brush: Soviet-era white horsehair, most likely from Yugoslavia (The Soviet Union was the source of most of the world's titanium for most of the 20th century. The CIA created fake shell companies across the globe to source the titanium needed to build the SR-71 spy planes. the restoration by TalentSoapFactory)
Bowl: Naked Armor Steel Scuttle (don’t have a titanium one)
Preshave: Taconic Pre-Shave Oil (closest name to titanium I have)
Soap: New Age Shaving Action Marte (Mars in Italian) by Tcheon Feng Sing
Aftershave: New Age Shaving Action Marte (Mars in Italian) by Tcheon Feng Sing
Special: Titanium soap scoop by Yates Precision Manufacturing

Titanium, a metal with a rich history and remarkable properties, has played a crucial role in humanity's exploration of space. The journey of titanium in space exploration begins with its discovery in 1791 by Reverend William Gregor in Cornwall, England. Initially named "menachanite," titanium was later rediscovered and named after the Titans of Greek mythology by German chemist Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1795. Despite its abundance in the Earth's crust, titanium's unique bonding characteristics made it challenging to extract in pure form for many years.

In the late 19th century, scientists like Lars Nilson and Otto Pettersson successfully isolated metallic titanium, marking a significant breakthrough. By the early 20th century, advancements in purification techniques led to high-purity titanium production, setting the stage for its widespread use in various industries, including aerospace.

As space exploration evolved, titanium emerged as a vital material due to its exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, corrosion resistance, and biocompatibility. In space missions, titanium found its place in spacecraft components like rotors, compression blades, structural parts, landing gear, and even spacecraft hulls themselves. Its durability and lightweight properties made it indispensable for withstanding the harsh conditions of space travel.

Moreover, titanium's role extended beyond spacecraft construction. It was used in mirrors of space telescopes alongside precious metals like gold and platinum for their stability and reflective properties.

The story of titanium in space exploration is a testament to human ingenuity and perseverance. From its humble discovery to becoming a cornerstone of modern aerospace technology, titanium has enabled humanity to push the boundaries of space exploration. Its versatility, strength, and resistance to corrosion have made it an indispensable material for spacecraft components and instruments that venture into the vast unknown of outer space.

20240326_112951.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom