What's new

🧑‍🚀🌝🪐💫☄️ This week’s SOTD thread March 25th to Sunday 31st March theme is Space Week. 🛰️🛸🚀📡🌞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, March 28, 2024.
Floïd oil pre shave. Tabula Rasa, Olibanum, shaving cream.Dscosmetics Hight Cualiti (SHD), geltip manchurian badger hair knot, multi-color resin handle, shaving brush. Coste Ancha 39, Barcelona, 14. Loewe 7, balm aftershave & EdT.
IMG_7104.jpeg

Friday SOTD
20240328_161926.jpg

Razor: Asylum Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector (D5)
Brush: Savile Row Select QS124 24mm Silvertip Natural Horn
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Unscented
Shave Soap: Mitchells’ Wool Fat
Butter: Organic Shea
Aftershave: Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy

🧑‍🚀🌝🪐💫☄️ SOTD March 28th 🛰️🛸🚀📡🌞
FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2024

Hello friends

The first afternoon below 20°C of the year. I chose SV Manna di Sicilia as my soap for FFFMM 2024 and as it doesn't exactly have a summer scent, today's shave was in fact the first one suitable for it.

Greencult 2.0 plate II
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
SV Manna di Sicilia
Semogue SOC Mistura

To match the milder temperature, I finished with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, an aftershave that I love.

Greencult 2.0 and GSB were stupendous, as always.

With us, Gene Ammons.

Rating: 10

Have a nice evening and great shaves!
❤️🪒

22C3AA52-F9E6-454E-B8EE-861ADB91FBD3.jpeg
IMG_6014.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_0857.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) USA: Shaving Soap Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) England: Razor Blade Vintage Wilkinson Sword The Light Brigade Chromium blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) USA: Aftershave Tonic Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic.

SOTD - 2024-03-28 - Travel Shave

Beard Growth:
48 Hours
Prep: Hot Shower
PreShave: None
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T2 - Synthetic
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Blade: Cartridge - Gillette Fusion

Passes: WTG x2
Razor+Blade Combination Rating: 3/10
Lather: Proraso Green Cream
PostShave: Calvin Kline Obsession

Shave Rating: 4/10

Comments: Decent result from shave, DFS+ but the cartridge seemed cheap and not “luxurious”, missed my DE razors. The blade was terrible probably had 10+ uses, felt like a cheese grater definitely needs a replacement. Proraso green cream sample for the first time, great smell very fresh and refreshing. Usually I don’t like mentholated soaps or creams but this felt like a good balance. Simpson brush was great too for face leathering, made enough for 2 passes and soap was ample slick to not reapply during touch up’s

IMG_4510.jpeg

Gold: Precious in the Journey to Space

Razor: Gillette 48-50 Gold Aristocrat (restored by Razor Express)
Blade: Voskhod (The Voskhod program was the second Soviet human spaceflight project. Two one-day crewed missions were flown using the Voskhod spacecraft and rocket)
Brush: MisticBrush “Something Precious” cashmere knot with resin, gold, silver, and copper base.
Bowl: Supply white marble (don’t have a gold bowl)
Preshave: Leaf Pre-Shave Oil (it looks golden)
Soap: Gold by Razorock
Aftershave: Gold by Razorock

In the quest to conquer the final frontier, gold has played a pivotal role in propelling humanity into the vast expanse of space. From the protective visors of astronauts to the intricate components of spacecraft, gold's unique properties have been harnessed to ensure the success and safety of space missions. The story of gold in space exploration begins with its exceptional conductivity, reliability, and resistance to corrosion. NASA has utilized gold-coated mylar sheets on satellites to shield them from solar heat, while a thin layer of gold on an astronaut's helmet visor deflects the harmful effects of solar radiation. These applications highlight gold's crucial role in safeguarding equipment and human life in the harsh space environment.

Moreover, the allure of gold extends beyond Earth's boundaries, with missions like the 2009 NASA lunar impact revealing valuable metals like gold, silver, and mercury on the moon. The Psyche asteroid, located between Mars and Jupiter, boasts a motherlode of metal, including gold, iron, and nickel, with an estimated value of $700 quintillion. This astronomical wealth presents tantalizing opportunities for extraterrestrial mining ventures that could revolutionize our understanding of resource acquisition beyond Earth.

In addition to its protective and economic significance, gold symbolizes a long-standing tradition of wealth preservation and stability. Historically, gold has been a trusted store of value—a tangible asset that transcends earthly boundaries and retains its allure for generations. Its use in electronics, aerospace technology, medical devices, and beyond underscores its versatility and indispensability in modern society.

As humanity continues to push the boundaries of space exploration, gold remains a vital strategic resource that bridges the realms of Earth and beyond. Whether adorning spacecraft components or safeguarding astronauts from cosmic radiation, gold's shimmering presence in space serves as a testament to human ingenuity and our enduring quest for discovery amidst the stars.

20240326_123336.jpg

Friday, March 28, 2024.

Floïd oil pre shave. Los jabones de Joserra, Passion Incense: Saving soap, lotion & balm aftershave. Pablo Fuertes: Pomo (knob), shaving brush: Boti Two Band Badger Hair fan Knot 24 mm and Palmera 14 straight razor, in Lava flow kirinite handle & scales. Bentley, for men absolute, EdT.

IMG_7110.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL++
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Art of Shaving ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 5th shave with the Henson AL++ razor and Personna Medical Prep blade. Since this is a milder razor, I get many more shaves out of the blade. Today’s brush is a Paladin El Dorado, one of my favorite brushes. The brush held enough lather for me to easily do a four-pass face and two- pass head shave. The vintage Williams is on its 99th use. Have a great day and weekend, folks.

Tuesday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Cream: Taylor - Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Indian Wilkinson
A/S: Family Dollar Brut clone
Cologne / Fragrance: Kouros

Wednesday

A/S: Family Dollar Brut clone
Cologne / Fragrance: Kouros

Thursday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure