What's new

This is getting silly

Yes, I am afraid it is. But it is a phase that subsides, even if it never goes into full remission. I sobered up when I realized that I have over thirty razors and only shave with three of them, and enough soaps and creams to last three years. But I still keep my eyes open for the occasional "great buy".

Oh silly. This is the new normal. The better normal. Our society is one of openess and freedom. You'll meet people of all walks of life here. I think you'll find it peaceful amongst the brothers and sisters of the blade. Just sit comfortably, one of our junior members will be with you shortly to go over the literature.

Welcome to the re-education facility of B&B.

We'll see you at the gatherings.

2 months ago, I had a single merkur and colgate foam

Today: 30 Gillette razors, 11 ABC boxes (pics coming soon) 3 brushes, 5 ads, and a tin.
Not sure what happened.

Anything worth doing is worth doing in excess.
-Greg

I started wet shaving in hopes of a better shave. I ordered a Merkur HD, a badger brush, and a tub of shaving cream. I will admit I would like to have a merkur 38C, but I haven't ordered one. I have gone to all the stores looking at their shaving areas (before it was costco to get canned go and cartridges) I hit up the local antique shops (even went for a drive and made a day of it once. Keeping the AO I picked up a different scent of cream that I love and a pre shave oil, got in on a limited run custom scent soap (and added one extra soap to the order), stumbled upon a tube of cream I've read so much about, had to buy the matching pre cream with it. Okay that was getting scary, why do I need 5 containers of cream/soap, 2 containers of pre shave, 2 containers of post shave? Im done. I don't need anymore, I will go so far as saying Im contemplating selling off my two soaps and maybe a cream (Hands of the Italian tube bucko!) then it happened, "ooh straight razors" I ordered one pre honed, oops I need a strop, I am looking at ordering several different hones and paddle strops, I have two more straight razors on the way. Thinking of ordering two more straights... oh crap, this has to stop now! Oooh hello ebay... ok, maybe stop soon....

Yep, this wetshaving stuff is addictive. Just as bad as wristwatches and fancy pens and fine cigars and single malt whiskeys... ya know, all that manly stuff that the chicks just don't get. :001_rolle

Men playing....uh...working....with sharp steel! What's not normal about that? :a3:

It's all those other nut jobs out there that are rubbing their buzzing, rotating, electric gizmos over their face, in the name of shaving, that seem kinda' strange to me. :a52: I'd rather shave with a weedeater!

It's a wrap. I probably got enough shaving cream and blades to last over a year. I 've got enough aftershave to last longer than that but I just can't help myself from buying new things to try. I just ordered AOS lavender and sandalwood and I just got a Dovo Shavette today.

I've only been here a week and I've been bidding on razors on ebay, PM'ming members to buy razors, I'm considering buying a BB brush.

I was fine a week ago, managing with my Progress. Now I've gone all OCD over shaving gear.

Surley this is not normal?

Normal? Probably. Common? Absolutely. Welcome to the "support" group.

RAD...Cooler than Scientology, and only slightly more expensive.:biggrin:

Now that's some funny stuff.

i've been wet shaving for a few months now. i still have the first razor and brush i started with. i do however have 3 aftershave (old spice, brut balm, aqua velva ice balm), 3 soaps (2 C&E sienna, 1 williams) and 2 creams (C&E sienna, truefitt and hill 1805).

so yeah. its addicting *twitch*

"Hey, since you mention it...how about one of those dog bowls that are electrically heated to keep them from freezing during winter...bet they keep lather nice and warm too."

Not a bad idea!! Might have to try it!!

It's to worry only when you find you're hiding razors in the socks drawer and pretending to the rest of the family that blade banks are for spare change.
Have fun...it really is fun.

Best,

I've only been here a week and I've been bidding on razors on ebay, PM'ming members to buy razors, I'm considering buying a BB brush.

I was fine a week ago, managing with my Progress. Now I've gone all OCD over shaving gear.

Surley this is not normal?

NO! This is not normal, it's very unhealthy to your mental health. As someone who cares very much for your devlopment, I'm going to help you. Send me all your shaving gear except one razor, and one soap/cream, and one brush. BTW I'll extend my generous offer to all you RAD sufferers. It's the least I can do.:biggrin:
Welcom!

Scene from this morning

girlfriend: Are you about to shave again?

me: yes. why?

girlfriend: you don't look like you need to shave.

me: I have some stubble.

girlfriend: I don't see it.

me: Doesn't matter, I have it. I need to shave.

girlfriend: You've lost your mind.

me: stop talking. you are ruining my concentration.

girlfriend: you used to seem so normal.

I seemed to have this problem before finding this place. However, I can see it getting MUCH MUCH worse now!!

Scene from this morning

Except for that "Georgia Bulldog" thing (Roll Tide), this very humorous script has played out with SWMBO a few times. They get more tolerant (but then I was already married to her when I started DE shaving).

Scene from this morning

I had a similar conversation with my wife when she noted that my shaving was now taking 15 minutes instead of the usual 5. It's hard to explain that while it takes longer, it's more fun. I guess I'd have a hard time understanding why she spends so much time shopping for shoes.

Best,

Silly? Scary is closer to the mark. I'm normally a man that tinkers a bit then settles down into a steady favorite and rarely vary. I've got my favorite Scotch, the right fitting jeans, the go-to pocket knife, and the last woman that I'll ever need. Simple, regular, reliable, comforting.

Presently I've got roughly over a dozen each of soaps and creams and aftershave potions; and four razors in rotation. Have a found some favorites? Sure, but that hasn't stopped me from coming home at least twice a month with something new to try.

Welcome to the Shaving Aquisition Disorder Zone. A bit like the Twilight Zone, but harder to escape.

Top Bottom