What's new

This is a weird hobby y'all have gotten me addicted to.

I am finding out that stuff I used to dislike, I now like a lot.

During my early days here, I read how much every one loved the C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream (Proraso clone), and that it was on sale at BB&B, buy 2 get one free. Naturally I stocked up. Well, I used it once and wound up PIFFing it away.

Fast forward to yesterday when I found a small tube hidden away in the back of the cabinet. What the heck, says I, let's give it a try.

I LOVE IT !!!!

Tabac Shave soap used to be nauseating and now I love it.

Speick shave stick, I had read a lot about, so I bought one, and promptly shredded it into a bowl. This was due to my noobiness re face lathering. Now I have about 12 shave sticks.

Lesson learned,,,,never give away nor throw away stuff that I don't like. It might just come back around. Well except for Vegetal, perhaps.:001_tt2:

This is the strangest hobby I've ever had that's for sure.
It's probably the only one that actually makes me feel good too. (This and Trap and Skeet. Shooting things makes me feel good too)
Stupid guitar.... why does that have to be so hard?

I have found that just shaving with a soap or cream a few times is no basis for making a decision on its performance. I used to be disappointed with Speick SS until I decided to shave with it 5 times a month until it was gone. That is when I really started to understand its qualities. Some soaps seem to get better when you use them intensely.

Shaving is a hobby??? No....it's a necessity...something we have to do every day. Hmmm, that does not explain all the AD's does it. The hook is set my friend, enjoy!

Best regards,

Doug

George's join date is Jul 2010 and he has over 2k posts. Are you guys welcoming him to B&B... rhetorically? :1eye:

Noob huh? Welcome to the forum Hex!

Reminds me of a story...

:devil: Heh heh, When I was working (retired now), I had gotten a new boss. Everytime he'd call me into his office to give me a work detail and a certain gent was working with me I'd introduce them all over again. After about the 20th time he didn't want to shake Pats hand anymore and I'd say something like,"What, are you 2 mad at each other!? Shake hands." For quite awhile I think he figured my elevator didn't go all the way to the top. We had a fun time with that! :out:

I loved effing with the kids!

When I was working (retired now), I had gotten a new boss. Everytime he'd call me into his office to give me a work detail and a certain gent was working with me I'd introduce them all over again. After about the 20th time he didn't want to shake Pats hand anymore and I'd say something like,"What, are you 2 mad at each other!? Shake hands." For quite awhile I think he figured my elevator didn't go all the way to the top. We had a fun time with that! :out:

Thanks for the chuckle. :lol:

Oh and, welcome to the forum, Hex. :wink:

I am finding out that stuff I used to dislike, I now like a lot.

During my early days here, I read how much every one loved the C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream (Proraso clone), and that it was on sale at BB&B, buy 2 get one free. Naturally I stocked up. Well, I used it once and wound up PIFFing it away.

Fast forward to yesterday when I found a small tube hidden away in the back of the cabinet. What the heck, says I, let's give it a try.

I LOVE IT !!!!

Tabac Shave soap used to be nauseating and now I love it.

Speick shave stick, I had read a lot about, so I bought one, and promptly shredded it into a bowl. This was due to my noobiness re face lathering. Now I have about 12 shave sticks.

Lesson learned,,,,never give away nor throw away stuff that I don't like. It might just come back around. Well except for Vegetal, perhaps.:001_tt2:

I just started using Proraso and love it. Best of all I can get it in the mall.

Its interesting how that happens. I try not to give up on an item just because I've learned that after awhile I learn to like it.

Makes me wonder...if we only had 1 soap available, I'll bet we would all figure out how to use that one soap well. Fortunately we can entertain ourselves for years learning how to use dozens of different ones :)

Top Bottom