What's new

This could be BAD!

Was in Asheville, NC this weekend. Hit a few shops for possible razor acquisition. On two occasions the shop owners werhttp://badgerandblade.com/vb/macskin/editor/smilie.gife very knowledgeable about DE razors and said that they were in high demand. Had not encountered this before. I have always had to describe what DE razors are. Is the word out? Has wet shaving become that well known? Is this the beginning of the end!? What are your thoughts. :eek:

Was in Asheville, NC this weekend. Hit a few shops for possible razor acquisition. On two occasions the shop owners werhttp://badgerandblade.com/vb/macskin/editor/smilie.gife very knowledgeable about DE razors and said that they were in high demand. Had not encountered this before. I have always had to describe what DE razors are. Is the word out? Has wet shaving become that well known? Is this the beginning of the end!? What are your thoughts. :eek:

I have been noticing a lot of publicity from online blogs; ie Art of Manliness, and a lot of wet shaving ads in regular old magazines and the high end men magazines.

I figured companies are just going in strides; I figured it would just blow over and people won't change from their normal grooming. Yet there is no end in sight of the demand of DE's and Straights?

-LB

The water is indeed rising...

I think that word is getting out also...good and bad at the same time. Hate to see prices go up, but glad that people are changing their shaving habits.

L

Lo'Tek

Better switch to straights before The Man catches on and raises the cost of DE blades. He hates it when people find a way to undercut him.

Just look how many of us newbies there are here. Yep, it's going to grow by leaps and bounds right now. I think RAD struck me at just the right time :wink:.

Yeah, I've been using a DE for about 3 or 4 months now. Got my technique and routine pretty well down. I feel I'm ready to start tossing in some variables such as blades, creams, soaps and aftershaves. Might be as good a time as any to start buying some extra stuff up!

Sure demand goes up so will the prices on the short term.
It could also make the big boys think twice about DE Shavers.
If Gillette could make a profit selling DE razors and they were to release say new Presidential razors, say charge $60 to $70 bucks per, who wouldn't buy one new mint condition razor. Hell, I'd probably buy two and use one and hold one.

Lots of profit, and new quality razors would drop prices of older ones. Again on the short term.

But I would hedge my bets and buy your favorite blades by the 100 packs just in case!

My newbie 2 cents!

John

proxy.php

The Shavepocalypse...It's here!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
proxy.php

The Shavepocalypse...It's here!

I went to two separate shops that normally have stuff moving through pretty well. I'm always able to find something.

Both of 'em dry as a dead bug except for Straights (most of which are either damaged or badly over priced)

The only razors they had were a few lonely Schick Injectors for high end E-Bay prices.

It only takes a couple of guys with severe RAD to clean out every half decent razor within a hundred mile radius in a very short time.:rolleyes: I know,because I'm guilty on all counts.:biggrin:

Maybe (fingers-crossed) the powers that be will realize we don't want multi-blade contraptions and revert to making high-quality old-fashioned ones that work. Yeah, it will never happen.....sigh!

Maybe (fingers-crossed) the powers that be will realize we don't want multi-blade contraptions and revert to making high-quality old-fashioned ones that work. Yeah, it will never happen.....sigh!
They'll look like high quality old fashioned ones, but the only high thing will be the price tag.

Parker did this with their legendary '51' fountain pen. A few years ago, they started remaking them - at a price, but the internals and overall quality were nothing like the original, more closely resembling the millions of cheap knock off they used to compete against. Parker debased their own classic to gauch power jewellery.

Top Bottom