What's new

Thinking about trading my Rooney S1, S1

OK guys, I need some help. I have a Rooney Style 1, size 1 that I bought about 6-7 months ago. Since I bought the Rooney I received a Edwin Jagger best badger brush. I’m not sure the size, but it’s the one you can get from the Duluth Trading company. The Edwin Jagger brush is a little bigger, and much floppier then the Rooney. I find that I like the Edwin Jagger brush much better and use it almost all the time. I’d like to trade my Rooney for something that’s more floppy, but I’m not up on my brushes. Do you guys have any suggestions on what would be a good trade for a Rooney Style 1 Size 1?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

OK guys, I need some help. I have a Rooney Style 1, size 1 that I bought about 6-7 months ago. Since I bought the Rooney I received a Edwin Jagger best badger brush. I’m not sure the size, but it’s the one you can get from the Duluth Trading company. The Edwin Jagger brush is a little bigger, and much floppier then the Rooney. I find that I like the Edwin Jagger brush much better and use it almost all the time. I’d like to trade my Rooney for something that’s more floppy, but I’m not up on my brushes. Do you guys have any suggestions on what would be a good trade for a Rooney Style 1 Size 1?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Heck, if you're getting rid of a 1/1 and like EJ, I've got a C&E BBB for you :biggrin:

But if you're looking for something a bit more floppy, and want to make a jump into the same sort of hair but softer tips... maybe a Kent BK4? Or QED Select?

Regards..

J

Do you guys have any suggestions on what would be a good trade for a Rooney Style 1 Size 1?

In all seriousness, I would heartily encourage you to hold on to your Rooney 1/1. In its price-range, it's "King of the Hill"; for $75 you can't buy a better shaving brush (I'm assuming that yours is in Super badger, rather than Finest).

I have one (just used it today), and it's "perfection" for soaps and "hard" creams (Castle Forbes and Cyril J. Salter). The Rooney 1/1 is worth keeping.

Smooth shaving!!

Heck, if you're getting rid of a 1/1 and like EJ, I've got a C&E BBB for you :biggrin:

But if you're looking for something a bit more floppy, and want to make a jump into the same sort of hair but softer tips... maybe a Kent BK4? Or QED Select?

Regards..

J

I agree a QED select would be a great option and an excellent value to boot. Check out this thread. I have a 3522, if get really serious about a trade shoot me a PM. I love the 3522, but is similar enough to my Savile Row that I don't really need both.

I was thinking about a Vulfix, as I had always heard that they were very floppy. I always used to think that I liked small scrubby brushes. I had a Savile Row, the one dubbed Lil Bambino, but it was too scrubby for me. Then I bought this Rooney S1, S1 and find that it's too scrubby for me as well. Perhaps I'll have to look into a Vulfix trade. Although the links to those QED brushes was pretty nice too.

Vulfix is definitely more floppy than a Rooney, but not any softer, I would say IMO that vulfix is less soft than a Rooney. There are couple of great new posts on shavemac's. I have never owned one, but one of the posts does compare the shavemacs favorably in softness. Good luck and let us know how you go.

I was thinking about a Vulfix, as I had always heard that they were very floppy. I always used to think that I liked small scrubby brushes. I had a Savile Row, the one dubbed Lil Bambino, but it was too scrubby for me. Then I bought this Rooney S1, S1 and find that it's too scrubby for me as well. Perhaps I'll have to look into a Vulfix trade. Although the links to those QED brushes was pretty nice too.

The QED brushes will be identical (or close enough) to your SR. If the SR was too scrubby, so too will be the QED.

I'll repeat my recommendation for a Kent BK4 (fairly sure you'll find one easily in a trade). I think it will serve you better than a Vulfix.

Best of luck.

J

The QED brushes will be identical (or close enough) to your SR. If the SR was too scrubby, so too will be the QED.

I'll repeat my recommendation for a Kent BK4 (fairly sure you'll find one easily in a trade). I think it will serve you better than a Vulfix.

Best of luck.

J

Nod, J knows his brushes.

Oh, or (almost forgot) an EJ in super instead of best. There is a wide range available on theenglishshavingcompany.com . That may work for you, since you already know you like the density of EJ's knots. Since you're not in the EU, you do not pay VAT, and shipping is ~$6 if I recall... I think a small super was something like $42 shipped when I bought one.

Best of luck.

J

Top Bottom