What's new

The Zowadas Are Coming!

I posted this earlier in another thread but its big enough news to get its own thread...

I received an email that a package has been shipped to me from ClassicShaving.com. The Zowada is the ony thing I am expecting from them at the moment so.....yippee...it's on the way!!!!

Mine arrived yesterday. :w00t:

So, I got quite a surprise recently when I got bumped up the list for a Tim Zowada B&B razor. I was at #12 initially but apparently a couple of folks in the first batch of 10 either forgot (or decided not) to pay, so #11 and #12 got the offer of being shuffled forward.

I'll do a proper review later, but I'll do a brief synopsis here. To say I'm happy is an understatement. The razor is literally perfect, there is nothing bad I can say about it at all. The two sides of the one piece scales are an exact mirror image of each other, both the same thickness and shape.

The blade is perfectly symmetrical, it looks like it's been made on a CNC machine it's so good - mass produced Dovo's and TI's aren't as well made as this. It's also perfectly ground and honed, it was shave ready out of the box and gave a superb shave after 20 strokes on a leather strop.

What can I say other than thanks to Tim for an amazing piece of craftsmanship. :thumbup:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Mine came in the mail today. I must say, I am impressed. I haven't shaved with it yet, but man oh man does it look good. Mine is a bit different from the proto-photos as the scales had to be replaced, but they're really great lacewood.

Many thanks to Tim for making such a great razor and being such a great gentleman to deal with throughout!

Many thanks to Joel for shepherding this one through from conception to completion ... your many efforts are greatly appreciated and your vision spot-on!

Many thanks to Classicshaving for beingthe middleman on this one, and for, well, you know :wink2: (I won't spoil it for guys #11-20)

Yea mine came last week. Mine had maple scales and the contrast between the dark scales and the light wood is very dramatic.

I ordered the maple as well. I am in the second group and we are still a number of weeks away from receiving ours. Do you have any pics you can share of the maple?

Bigspendur - The maple looks great. How do you like them?

Frankly, I'm glad I got the maple instead of the Rosewood. I think with the contrast in colors it looks better. It actually looks better in person. The photo didn't really capture the quality of the finish.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Alas, I'm far far away from the whole 'digital camera' thing, so photos aren't really an option for me. :frown:

To give you a general idea, here's a photo of a similar TZ razor with lacewood scales ...

Mine arrived yesterday. :w00t:

So, I got quite a surprise recently when I got bumped up the list for a Tim Zowada B&B razor. I was at #12 initially but apparently a couple of folks in the first batch of 10 either forgot (or decided not) to pay, so #11 and #12 got the offer of being shuffled forward.

I'll do a proper review later, but I'll do a brief synopsis here. To say I'm happy is an understatement. The razor is literally perfect, there is nothing bad I can say about it at all. The two sides of the one piece scales are an exact mirror image of each other, both the same thickness and shape.

The blade is perfectly symmetrical, it looks like it's been made on a CNC machine it's so good - mass produced Dovo's and TI's aren't as well made as this. It's also perfectly ground and honed, it was shave ready out of the box and gave a superb shave after 20 strokes on a leather strop.

What can I say other than thanks to Tim for an amazing piece of craftsmanship. :thumbup:

Sir, I believe that is one of the finest razors I have ever laid eyes on. Congratulations! I want one. :drool::drool:

Top Bottom