What's new

The zeal of the newly converted

It's been a little more than a week since I started shaving with a DE safety razor and badger brush.

Today, I recruited a co-worker. After hearing me prattle on about my newfound Joy of Shaving for the past week, he booked an order for a Shavemac and a Merkur HD, plus two tubs of the lovely C&E Sweet Almond Oil (still on sale for $12.50, fellas). We're splitting a 100-pack of the Israeli blades ($16 on eBay).

One of us! One of us!

One of us! One of us!

proxy.php

Converting someone is always difficult, the evangelical feeling can be quite large inside a new DE shaver and convincing someone else that going back 50 years is the way forward and can be a challenge. Well done!

Are they converted when they order a wetshaving essential product? If thats the case I've got two with two more very likely to follow suit.

proxy.php

I've converted 6 people to wetshaving. Yeah! Praise zeal and advocacy! The Monastery continues to expand!

--Mark

bigDee said:
Everyone I have told about wet shaving say its either too much work or their not interested :/

just keep on wetshaving- as they continue to see your face, they will get the message- so far, I am at + 10.

Marty

Tried converting 3 people but they don't see why they should spend some extra time to shave if they can sleep a little longer then. Told them that once you get in the ritual you will even get up earlier if necessary to enjoy the ritual.

Ah well, as Marty said: once they see the results of the shaving on a continuous basis, people tend to become more open minded.

I already succeeded in winning my mother over, she likes the ritual!

As for my grandfather: once I told him I was making the switch, he started asking me all kinds of questions about how I want to get to it. Seems he's a DE shaver for several decades already. That's why his face always looks so smooth shaven..

Top Bottom