What's new

The wait Begins

Just ordered the black Standard Razor it also is coming with an alum block and Elizabeth Street Shaving Cream. It wont ship for a couple of days but I look forward to my first DE shave.

My son got that razor and a bunch of other stuff with it from Bespoke Post and he absolutely loves it! He's tried my OLD's and my Jaws/Pearl, and an EJ DE89 that I gave him and he gave all of them back! He did like the Jaws/Pearl though. The Standard is apparently perfect for him. :thumbup1:

Yeah its the bespoke post set. Ifigured the price and good reviews on here made it a no brainer. Makes for a good fathers day gift too.

So, here are the results of said shave.
First I got the handle on wrong, so no shave, once I figured that out, things started to go well. I used the Derby blade first.
It was a rough shave with a couple of weepers. The alum block was some serious sting and will take some getting used to. I will shave each day this week, so that I can figure out the technique. Because I know part of the issue is the technique.
The shave cream was nice, it lathered quick and easily and felt good on my face, with plenty of lather to reapply for some touch up.

$razor.jpg

So, here are the results of said shave.
First I got the handle on wrong, so no shave, once I figured that out, things started to go well. I used the Derby blade first.
It was a rough shave with a couple of weepers. The alum block was some serious sting and will take some getting used to. I will shave each day this week, so that I can figure out the technique. Because I know part of the issue is the technique.
The shave cream was nice, it lathered quick and easily and felt good on my face, with plenty of lather to reapply for some touch up.

View attachment 667589

Baseplate upside down?

No the baseplate is right. I love standard razor it's very light so watch how much pressure you use. You will feel like you need to use a lot you do not . Also it's aluminum so if you hit it or drop it a lot you can chip it . But man does it give a good shave. When your fingers are wet it grips that costing on the razor handle like a dream.

Sorry, the baseplate. I put it upside down when I installed the blade. Comes from having a 4 year old daughter super interested in what I am doing I suppose.

Top Bottom