What's new

The Saks 5th Avenue @ Dallas Galleria, Castle Forbes and TGS shaving event...

Good afternoon,

The next Castle Forbes shaving event is scheduled for 20th and 21st October in the Saks 5th Avenue store, Dallas Galleria. I am lucky enough to be flown over for the event, my first trip to Texas, and my daughter Lucy is coming with me this time.

I will post again when I know how you guys can get appointments, I look forward to meeting you. It is worth the visit just to meet Andrew French and share in his passion for his products...

Regards, Robert

Arrrrgh!!! I live within driving distance of Dallas, but I'm going to be in Portland, OR on those days!! :c13:

Hmmmm!
idea.gif
Arlington, Texas to Dallas, Texas - 30-40 minutes to Galleria. Let me give this some thought:biggrin:

english_barber said:
Good afternoon,

The next Castle Forbes shaving event is scheduled for 20th and 21st October in the Saks 5th Avenue store, Dallas Galleria. I am lucky enough to be flown over for the event, my first trip to Texas, and my daughter Lucy is coming with me this time.

I will post again when I know how you guys can get appointments, I look forward to meeting you. It is worth the visit just to meet Andrew French and share in his passion for his products...

Regards, Robert

Hi Robert,

I have a haircut booked with you on the 21st - you can't go!! :eek:

Is my appointment cancelled or with someone else now? If so, can they do flat-tops? :lol:

Cheers,

Iwan :smile:

Hi Iwan,

I'm afraid I did not look that far ahead in the diary.

Your appointment has been moved into Billy, our Barber shop manager's column. But if you can postpone by a week I would be delighted to give you a free haircut for the inconvenience the following Saturday. Please ring the shop to confirm which option you would prefer.

Regards, Robert

S

Sam

Ah, Robert, just bring him with you and cut his hair on the way over. Then he can fend for himself, but look good doing it, lol

Sam

english_barber said:
Hi Iwan,

I'm afraid I did not look that far ahead in the diary.

Your appointment has been moved into Billy, our Barber shop manager's column. But if you can postpone by a week I would be delighted to give you a free haircut for the inconvenience the following Saturday. Please ring the shop to confirm which option you would prefer.

Regards, Robert

Hi Robert,

No that's fine, I was just pulling your leg - very nice of you to offer though! :thumbup:

Cheers, and have a good trip.

Iwan :smile:

Robert, do you happen to know of any other stops on the tour Castle Forbes will be making accross the US?

Robert,

You are being sent to Heaven! You'll notice that the most beautiful women in the world are in the Dallas area (well, except for Charlotte, of course!)! Be sure to try the true southern cuisine while there. Fried catfish with hush puppies (you'll swear off of fish and chips), tex-mex mexican food and REAL bar-b-que! I am SO jealous of you...

Randy (missing Texas every day!)

I had my appointment with Robert this afternoon and what a pleasure it was. Robert is very clearly a shavemeister. Preshave - lavender shave cream - hot towels - repeat - more hot towels - cold towel - lavender balm and all with a deft touch. All products that were applied were Castle Forbes. I might add that Robert also gave me a bit of the history of Hungerford, his home.

Met again with Andrew French and his lovely wife Judy. He absolutely impressed me with his memory of our first meeting in London 2 years ago this Christmas, when he was presenting his Castle Forbes line at Fortnum and Mason.

All in all a fine afternoon for me.

Top Bottom