What's new

The real value of hard work

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Yes. Yes indeed...

HardWork.jpg

That is a car which requires the pocketbook of a sixty year old and the body of a teenager. I couldn't get into or out of it without assistance. :)

Besides, I am not in a hurry to get anywhere anymore.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Work as unto the Lord. Unfortunately, He hasn't seen fit to give me a fast car. But it runs, lol.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I could probably get in but someone would need to help me get back out :)

That's funny. My boss got a corvette recently. He's always trying to do the motivation speeches so we work hard. My Kia is good enough for me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That's funny. My boss got a corvette recently. He's always trying to do the motivation speeches so we work hard. My Kia is good enough for me.
Good attitude. I work for a non profit. I'm sure someone is probably profiting more than I.... financially speaking that is, lol

Funny work story about a car.

Some months ago a Tesla pulled up outside the store. The new cashier just went off on it. (We had radios clipped to our belts and ear pieces for intercom instead of the loudspeakers). "Oooh, someone pulled up in a Tesla!!! Look at how nice! I wonder how rich she must be! I want one!" You know, just rambling on and on about it. Never thought she had much of a work ethic - was always reading a book, talking on her cellphone, doing her college homework on the clock- so, I thought I'd poke some fun at her. I said over the radio, "Well, just save your paychecks for a couple of decades and you'll be able to afford one". She came back with, "No, I think I'll just get myself a sugar daddy." I looked at one of my supervisors who was next to me working at that moment - he was just shaking his head! I remarked to him that he would let someone like me go and yet keep someone like that. I quit about a month and a half later.

Last edited:
I used to work for myself, but my boss expected way too much of me and worked me way too hard.

There is one heck of a lot of truth in that "poster."

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
First prize is a Lamborghini, second prize is a set of steak knives. You wanna see third prize?

Work as unto the Lord. Unfortunately, He hasn't seen fit to give me a fast car.

Your friends all drive Porches ... you must make amends.

I used to work for myself, but had to quit 'cause my boss was a real jerk.

I used to work for myself, but my boss expected way too much of me and worked me way too hard.

I was self employed for years. I should have fired myself years ago.

As Groucho Marx almost said, I'd never want to work for someone desperate enough to hire me.

...That is a car which requires the pocketbook of a sixty year old and the body of a teenager...

Get a car like that, even if it is a, ughhh, Lambo, chances are good that yes, you'll have the body of a teenager. Sitting in the passenger seat, with her bare feet up on the dash, texting to her friends about the fancy restaurant you're taking her.:001_smile

Top Bottom