What's new

The RazoRock Lupo: Does it actually shave like a Wolfman?

I know the RR Lupo is intended to be a copy of the Wolfman; I believe the WR-1 from what I've seen. I don't, and am not likely to ever, have a Wolfman to compare to my Lupo, so for those who have used both, just how similar is the shave? I should add that I'm talking about the original machined aluminum Lupo. I know there is a big weight difference, but that aside, I'm interested in opinions comparing the basic head geometry. Did RazoRock nail it, or not so much?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'll be following this thread. I hope it gets an answer. As someone who is more vintage than modern -- I recently got a Game Changer .84P, and was struck by how well it shaved. I've always wondered if I could tell the difference between the 3-figure razors and the 2-figure razors (figures in US $)....as I'm not prepared to spend 3-figures at this point to find out, I guess I'll follow threads like these and live vicariously through my fellow shavers.

I am pretty sure I'll never buy or use a real Wolfman razor. However, an aluminum Lupo has been my primary razor since August. I was fortunate enough to snag a stainless steel DLC Lupo that my wife will give me for Christmas. There comes a time when you decide that you are happy with what you have and stop chasing the next best thing. Whether the Lupo exactly mimics the Wolfman is moot to me; I'm very pleased with the Lupo.

I have 2 wr1’s - one SS and one Ti both polished. My Lupo is Aluminum. It is hard to compare because they all are different. My SS is OC and the “fingers” dominate the feel as well as the smoothness of the finish. It also feels different in the hand because it is a Darwin handle. The Ti is a dual comb and is much lighter. It feels closer to the Lupo on the SB side of the head but is smoother because of the finish. To me the Ti wr1 feels very different from my SS. Nevertheless all shave great but offer a unique shaving experience due to weight, finish, handles, OC/SB heads, blade gap, etc. I only down grade the Lupo a notch because it feels like it drags more then the highly polished finish of the others. I agree with a previous post in that if you enjoy using the razor and it gets the job done, that’s all that matters in the long run. The Lupo is the best on price and is a fine razor.

I have 2 wr1’s - one SS and one Ti both polished. My Lupo is Aluminum. It is hard to compare because they all are different. My SS is OC and the “fingers” dominate the feel as well as the smoothness of the finish. It also feels different in the hand because it is a Darwin handle. The Ti is a dual comb and is much lighter. It feels closer to the Lupo on the SB side of the head but is smoother because of the finish. To me the Ti wr1 feels very different from my SS. Nevertheless all shave great but offer a unique shaving experience due to weight, finish, handles, OC/SB heads, blade gap, etc. I only down grade the Lupo a notch because it feels like it drags more then the highly polished finish of the others. I agree with a previous post in that if you enjoy using the razor and it gets the job done, that’s all that matters in the long run. The Lupo is the best on price and is a fine razor.
Thanks much for your post; it is responsive to the question! I appreciate that all such comparisons are ultimately apples-to-oranges, but I'm just looking to elicit some informed opinions, which yours obviously is.

Yes you were! I've missed you! I have a theory that 2020 got all MESSED up because you ain't buying NOTHING to shave with for a decade.... DECADE, doggone! How are you doing?

I still haven't bought anything. Shaving is just something I do everyday. I suspect we can't talk about the things that messed up 2020, but if we could I'd say I'm mostly staying isolated from people, which I did anyway.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I still haven't bought anything. Shaving is just something I do everyday. I suspect we can't talk about the things that messed up 2020, but if we could I'd say I'm mostly staying isolated from people, which I did anyway.
Same here. Retirement has some benefits. All my friends are online!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
2020 has been less hard on me than others. I'm an introverted contrarian.
Not going to work at the office - good
Not going to shopping for fun - good
Not having to hang out with folks I don't really want to hang out with - good
...and so on.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
2020 has been less hard on me than others. I'm an introverted contrarian.
Not going to work at the office - good
Not going to shopping for fun - good
Not having to hang out with folks I don't really want to hang out with - good
...and so on.
Amen. I've lost so many FakeBook friends since the election I'm thinking of running for office just to get lobbyists to pay me to be their friend.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I wonder about the upcoming Stainless Steel Lupo, which supposedly has (3?) different baseplates, from mild to aggressive. How much will it have in common with the Lupo Aluminum and the SS DLC version from before, I already saw they changed the rounded edges somewhat, and how would that compared to the Wolfman in the end?

This said, seems the razor won't be ready for release before xmas.

Top Bottom