What's new

The Pilot Metropolitan Movement

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Do you love the Pilot Metropolitan? Maybe own one? Or seven?
If so then join the Movement.

This is more than just a club. This is an experience.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
$image.jpg

My first Metro. Gold medium nib.

I've had one for a few months. Really great pen. I don't know anything about fountain pens as this is my first once since I was a kid, but everyone who uses it is really impressed, including the guys at the top of the food chain at my company.

The 'Metro' Movement?

Really? I'm in medical school and that sounds like something completely different than from what I'm imagining you intended. Or maybe you intended it to sound that way?

Oh, and I'll post my metro-pics as soon as I get my fine nib ... tomorrow. :001_smile

Really? I'm in medical school and that sounds like something completely different than from what I'm imagining you intended. Or maybe you intended it to sound that way?

Oh, and I'll post my metro-pics as soon as I get my fine nib ... tomorrow. :001_smile

I was thinking a play on Metro-PCS

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
PMM
i like simply The Movement.
Or just nothing. That's something ya don't see to often. A club without an abbreviation.

Penheads...describes me anyway. In Montreal so my FPAD is resting.

Filled out the entering the country form with my Black Metro.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Penheads...describes me anyway. In Montreal so my FPAD is resting.

Filled out the entering the country from with my Black Metro.

Pinheads. That could describe the whole of the NIB. I dig it.

The Metro is the new gateway drug for fountain pens. Great writer for $15 US. I have about a dozen Pilot fountain pens.

But it I gave away both of my Metros. The step down at the section bugs me and the nib is hard as a rock. The nib and feed are utterly reliable and I like that, but the firm nib lacks all the expressiveness that makes me look for excuses to write stuff down. For me, the "real" Pilot fountain pens are Custom series. You guys really need to try the very affordable Custom 74 ($85 from Japan) with a soft fine or soft medium nib. You might put down the Metro for a while (or forever). Please don't hate me. :)

The Metro is the new gateway drug for fountain pens. Great writer for $15 US. I have about a dozen Pilot fountain pens.

But it I gave away both of my Metros. The step down at the section bugs me and the nib is hard as a rock. The nib and feed are utterly reliable and I like that, but the firm nib lacks all the expressiveness that makes me look for excuses to write stuff down. For me, the "real" Pilot fountain pens are Custom series. You guys really need to try the very affordable Custom 74 ($85 from Japan) with a soft fine or soft medium nib. You might put down the Metro for a while (or forever). Please don't hate me. :)

$85 might be affordable to some, but not everyone. The Metro is a great gateway into fountain pens. for $15 there is no fountain pen that can touch it's smoothness and price combination.

Top Bottom