What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The One that Got Away

Kentos

Wiped out at 25
Moderator Emeritus
Want some commiseration on the pipe that got away on eBay, the BST or your local B&M? Post it here.

Kentos

Wiped out at 25
Moderator Emeritus
Sorry for your loss...

This thread will be so full of sadness. I am just hoping to be able to enjoy a pipe again soon. I've been out of commission with some sinus and chest congestion for the last few weeks. It has almost cleared up thankfully but there is a little bit lingering.
Sorry to hear man! Hope you get better by Christmas!

ChefJohnBoy-ardee

Contributor
I never screen shot or save pics from them...

Currently lusting over a quarter bend Dunhill Spigot- It will get away. I can't pull the trigger to spend that much a on a pipe!

Price

Moderator Emeritus
Walt Cannoy posted this on Facebook today, 19 minutes before I saw it. Someone else was quicker...

FB_IMG_1545286642874.jpg

I can’t find the post, but it was a Tinskey B&B LE from 2012? Anyway she got away, and I was sad. Then she showed up here with a amember and I was happy.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Moderator Emeritus
So, so many.. my "didn't win" eBay page goes on for days. The most recent was this Savinelli Punto Oro 611. I believe it would have cleaned up very nice.

upload_2018-12-20_14-28-48.png

Former 50th Anniversary small apple with matching tamper. My local shop got a large shipment of pipes from an estate and this one was among them, unsmoked and in it's original case. I hesitated too long since it would be a lot of money to spend on a pipe ($1500). I really regret not pulling the trigger and getting this.

Kentos

Wiped out at 25
Moderator Emeritus

Former 50th Anniversary small apple with matching tamper. My local shop got a large shipment of pipes from an estate and this one was among them, unsmoked and in it's original case. I hesitated too long since it would be a lot of money to spend on a pipe ($1500). I really regret not pulling the trigger and getting this.
I will bet your restraint that day will be rewarded later.

I don't see how. That was such a beautiful pipe that the pictures do it no justice. That is the only one I have ever seen and I wonder if I will ever see another.

Sorry for your loss...

This thread will be so full of sadness. I am just hoping to be able to enjoy a pipe again soon. I've been out of commission with some sinus and chest congestion for the last few weeks. It has almost cleared up thankfully but there is a little bit lingering.
Hang in there, Brother. I went through the same things. I pray that God gives you a speedy recovery so that you can return to enjoying the brown leaf.

Price

Moderator Emeritus

Oh my...

Top Bottom