What's new

The One that Got Away

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Want some commiseration on the pipe that got away on eBay, the BST or your local B&M? Post it here.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
504C8AD9-F1F2-413D-87CA-9E21E9A2A552.jpeg
Brebbia on eBay :(.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Sorry for your loss...

This thread will be so full of sadness. I am just hoping to be able to enjoy a pipe again soon. I've been out of commission with some sinus and chest congestion for the last few weeks. It has almost cleared up thankfully but there is a little bit lingering.

Sorry to hear man! Hope you get better by Christmas!

I never screen shot or save pics from them...

Currently lusting over a quarter bend Dunhill Spigot- It will get away. I can't pull the trigger to spend that much a on a pipe!

Walt Cannoy posted this on Facebook today, 19 minutes before I saw it. Someone else was quicker...

FB_IMG_1545286642874.jpg

I can’t find the post, but it was a Tinskey B&B LE from 2012? Anyway she got away, and I was sad. Then she showed up here with a amember and I was happy.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
So, so many.. my "didn't win" eBay page goes on for days. The most recent was this Savinelli Punto Oro 611. I believe it would have cleaned up very nice.

upload_2018-12-20_14-28-48.png

proxy.php

Former 50th Anniversary small apple with matching tamper. My local shop got a large shipment of pipes from an estate and this one was among them, unsmoked and in it's original case. I hesitated too long since it would be a lot of money to spend on a pipe ($1500). I really regret not pulling the trigger and getting this.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
proxy.php

Former 50th Anniversary small apple with matching tamper. My local shop got a large shipment of pipes from an estate and this one was among them, unsmoked and in it's original case. I hesitated too long since it would be a lot of money to spend on a pipe ($1500). I really regret not pulling the trigger and getting this.

I will bet your restraint that day will be rewarded later.

I don't see how. That was such a beautiful pipe that the pictures do it no justice. That is the only one I have ever seen and I wonder if I will ever see another.

Sorry for your loss...

This thread will be so full of sadness. I am just hoping to be able to enjoy a pipe again soon. I've been out of commission with some sinus and chest congestion for the last few weeks. It has almost cleared up thankfully but there is a little bit lingering.

Hang in there, Brother. I went through the same things. I pray that God gives you a speedy recovery so that you can return to enjoying the brown leaf.

proxy.php

Oh my...

Top Bottom