What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
A Williams

Sure about that? It appears to have a German patent mark.

Williams has a big "W" on the handle.

1619616572291.png

Awesome find, congrats!

Sure about that? It appears to have a German patent mark.

Williams has a big "W" on the handle.

View attachment 1258981

Awesome find, congrats!
According to Waits, you also have versions without 'W', as well as versions patented in Italy and Germany (but which seem otherwise identical). Since the Italian or German version are not identified by a different name, I classified it under Williams.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
According to Waits, you also have versions without 'W', as well as versions patented in Italy and Germany (but which seem otherwise identical). Since the Italian or German version are not identified by a different name, I classified it under Williams.
Well, when I saw the little cap to clamp it together instead of the Williams latch tab I knew it wasn't entirely identical. I'd hate to lose the retainer, I'll bet a few were lost. I'll call it Williams "style". :wink2:

You always come up with really cool stuff koenfucious!

D

dangerousrazor

Are they hard to get a hold of?

Where were they made?

I sold one 20 days ago here :)

I'm still looking for some information on the top razor and was wondering if you knew anything about it. I found it a couple of years ago at the Saint-Ouen flea market. It says ETs REGNIER on the handle and no writing on the cap or comb. After doing a little research, it looks like it's from a Honda dealership in a small town north of Paris, close to the English Channel. I just ran across your post above and was wondering if you think it could be a rebranded Leresche?

Hi there, sorry for the late reply ! I am not sure... its facets look similar to a Lereche 61, but my gutts say it was another manufacturer. But so far no proof whatsoever on this or that. I had one of those, the design and materials feel a bit different. But very nice nonetheless !

Top Bottom