What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Cars II - Pixar marches on - maybe their weakest story so far, but that's like saying 'The Night Watch' was Rembrandt's weakest painting.

Big Empty - weird independent from about 6 years ago. A pre Iron Man helming Jon Favreau and a mouth watering Rachael Leigh Cook make it worth watching, but the 'make of it what you will' storyline was a bit frustrating.

Payback - Straight Up, the director's cut - Not simply added scenes, but rather a different movie. Too many changes to itemize, it serves as a study in how Hollywood markets films. The 'making of' special feature is a must see, explaining why the writer/director's original vision was sent up the river and why Mel Gibson gave him this chance to bring it back. Overall I like the original release better, but this is a good film in it's own right. A good movie night would be to watch this one with the making of feature, then watch the original.

"Splendor in the Grass," I love Natalie Wood!

$13644127_gal.jpg

Insidious- Pretty darn good
Moving (1988)- Nothing great but love Richard Pryor
You Don't Know Jack- Awsome performance by Pacino as always

Insidious- Pretty darn good
Moving (1988)- Nothing great but love Richard Pryor
You Don't Know Jack- Awsome performance by Pacino as always

I love Moving. It may be my favorite of the Pryor theatrical films, even if it is terrible.

"I gave him the wrong finger!"

watched a great little tongue-in-cheek dark comedy from Finland called RARE EXPORTS...if you like sci-fi this is a tidy little film..

Attachments

• $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmndh.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmndh.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 44
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmghdsdty.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmghdsdty.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 44
The Monolith Monsters...a 1950's scifi movie, but a surprisingly original and well-made one. If you demand amazing CG, three-eyed aliens and famous actors don't bother, but if you like good movies, give it a shot.

Top Bottom