What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Shiraz: A Romance of India. A 1928 Indian silent film free with amazon prime. I have hundreds of silent films on dvd, but the picture quality on this film is one of the best I’ve seen. If you have prime, turn your cell phone off for 2 hours, sit back, relax and enjoy a good silent film with a soundtrack by Ravi Shankar’s daughter.

Shiraz: A Romance of India. A 1928 Indian silent film free with amazon prime. I have hundreds of silent films on dvd, but the picture quality on this film is one of the best I’ve seen. If you have prime, turn your cell phone off for 2 hours, sit back, relax and enjoy a good silent film with a soundtrack by Ravi Shankar’s daughter.
Norah Jones?

proxy.php

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
We watched Jack Reacher from 2012 with Tom Cruise. For many years I have ignored Tom Cruise movies simply because he was in them and was just a 'pretty boy'. He may not be the greatest of actors but I enjoyed this movie and also Valkyrie despite neither being a cinematic masterpiece. I will watch the sequel to Jack Reacher and take a look at more of his work and maybe that of some other actors that I have unfairly dismissed. A lesson learned there for me.

We watched Jack Reacher from 2012 with Tom Cruise. For many years I have ignored Tom Cruise movies...

I'm at the other end of the Cruise spectrum. I hate the guy and refuse to watch any Cruise movie. I bought, read and enjoyed the first few Reacher books, but haven't read one since they picked that 5'6" loser to portray the 6'5 Reacher. Typical Hollywood to miscast and kill interest in a good book series.

We watched Jack Reacher from 2012 with Tom Cruise. For many years I have ignored Tom Cruise movies simply because he was in them and was just a 'pretty boy'. He may not be the greatest of actors but I enjoyed this movie and also Valkyrie despite neither being a cinematic masterpiece. I will watch the sequel to Jack Reacher and take a look at more of his work and maybe that of some other actors that I have unfairly dismissed. A lesson learned there for me.
I'm one who is able to compartmentalize and separate the public with the actor. The first Reacher movie was a sterling (or for this forum "stirling) adaptation of a very exciting book. The second not so much. I still enjoy watching Cruise in many of his movies and will go see one on his marquee value alone. Same with Mel Gibson. Oh, and for Jack Reacher, what a performance by Werner Herzog!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I'm at the other end of the Cruise spectrum. I hate the guy and refuse to watch any Cruise movie. I bought, read and enjoyed the first few Reacher books, but haven't read one since they picked that 5'6" loser to portray the 6'5 Reacher. Typical Hollywood to miscast and kill interest in a good book series.
Fair enough. I don't know or care enough about Tom Cruise know if he is a loser or not. I have never read the books and have zero interest in how accurately the movie represents them, but if they were that good then a crappy film would not dissuade me from reading them. For decades I dismissed Cruise movies but I watched Jack Reacher and it entertained me and my wife for a couple of hours. We had fun and that is all I care about, not the fact that an actor is almost a foot shorter than a fictional character. 👍

Top Bottom