What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Bruges. Dark comedy. Graphically violent scenes, cursing, and drug use are present. Not family friendly. All turnoffs for me. Yet, I liked this film. Cast is top notch and at top of their form. Dialogue is witty, the storyline is smart, and the message is one of redemption. Bruges is a beautiful Belgian town, and you feel like you toured old Europe after watching. Currently streaming on Amazon Prime US.

View attachment 1341889
I saw this a few months ago, and really didn't know what to make of it. It's intriguing in a way, but to me it seemed to border on a fantasy kind of story line. It's an odd one for sure.

T-34 (Director's Cut). Free on Amazon Prime. A Russian WWII tank film, with Russian actors, Russian dialogue, and English subtitles. I really enjoyed this film, probably because it didn't star some big-name American hack actor who would normally be cast in the lead. I didn't even mind the CGI and slo-mo effects, which is a change for me. I normally hate those. The Director's Cut apparently contains a few scenes not on the blu-ray or dvd.

In Bruges. Dark comedy. Graphically violent scenes, cursing, and drug use are present. Not family friendly. All turnoffs for me. Yet, I liked this film. Cast is top notch and at top of their form. Dialogue is witty, the storyline is smart, and the message is one of redemption. Bruges is a beautiful Belgian town, and you feel like you toured old Europe after watching. Currently streaming on Amazon Prime US.

View attachment 1341889
Great film, very dark and not for the faint-hearted.

View attachment 1341889

I saw this a few months ago, and really didn't know what to make of it. It's intriguing in a way, but to me it seemed to border on a fantasy kind of story line. It's an odd one for sure.

Great film, very dark and not for the faint-hearted.
Maybe that's what hell is . . . an eternity spent in Bruges.

T-34 (Director's Cut). Free on Amazon Prime. A Russian WWII tank film, with Russian actors, Russian dialogue, and English subtitles. I really enjoyed this film, probably because it didn't star some big-name American hack actor who would normally be cast in the lead. I didn't even mind the CGI and slo-mo effects, which is a change for me. I normally hate those. The Director's Cut apparently contains a few scenes not on the blu-ray or dvd.
Also on Prime and about Russian and German Tank warfare is a Drama called "White Tiger" Incredible film!

Last night with my sons (ages 21 &23) we saw "Lamb" in the theater. It's a movie that is a bit of a Rorschach. 'Your' reaction to it while watching it is sort of part of the Film. . Also a movie you should see as 'cold' as possible. Stay away from all reviews, It's split into three chapters. At the end of the first chapter there's a reveal which is very cool and if spoiled with foreknowledge, would suck the life out of the movie. Critics are tripping over themselves to avoid spoiler reviews. It's a pretty strange film. Also should see with someone else who is open to strange films. It's a movie you'll want to debrief about. I liked it, found it fascinating, my oldest liked it alot and my youngest who's really smart was blown away. He 'got it' completely. He got from one viewing what would take me two viewings. I will see it again. If your interested see it soon, movies are now in theaters for like two weeks tops. People in the U.S. have not gone back to movies. Opening week, Friday night and maybe 10 people in the theater.

Watched The BFG with the oldest last night. She had recently finished reading the book. I imagine the book would be pretty enjoyable, but I found the movie quite boring. I think she did as well. Though I did get busted checking my fantasy football scores while watching it....

The Gentlemen. Not sure why I picked it as I'm not a fan of the films the lead character typically is in but I enjoyed it. The character of the coach was good.

Fear Street Part One. A Netflix horror film series, an ok slasher film but very clichéd. I'll still watch two and three as it's an easy watching Halloween slasher.

Fantastic Fungi
Thought I'd watch a movie last night and learn something as opposed to watching one and just going for the ride.

Fear Street Part Two. Another enjoyable slasher film but again very clichéd, this time about a killer at a summer camp who ends up wearing a bag over his head...

American Madness 1932 - obscure early Frank Capra film - just a few years into talkies.
Other run-on-the-bank plot, but completely different from It's a Wonderful Life. Pretty intense at times.

Key performance from Hugh O'Brien and a young Sterling Holloway (Winnie the Pooh!) in a bit part...

proxy.php

Top Bottom