What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Last night we finished off the Alien series (3 and Resurection) Shortly after we popped in the Perfect Storm wich is very good movie imo but rather sad. Who's cutting onions in here! I always say. Lol Nevertheless, I wanted to go to bed in a little better of a mood so i ended the night with some of Colorados finest and The Big Lebowski man.

The Many Saints of Newark.

Good but not great. It never really seemed to take off & get going. I was expecting & wanting more. It seemed slow going. The acting was good, and it reminded me that I want to revisit the Sopranos in its entirety. Worth a watch, and in my opinion it could have been better, but I'm glad I watched it.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The Many Saints of Newark.

Good but not great.

I watched it last night. For me, “good but not great” is being generous. Ray Liotta has a twin, Vera Famiga plays Livia Soprano and she looks like Edie Falco. It looks like Tony’s mother was being played by his future wife in some weird Back to the Future kind of way.

This movie is more whacked than Richie Aprile.

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I also watched Bad Words. I always enjoyed watching the Scripps National Spelling Bee with my kids when they were little.

This movie puts a unique and funny spin on it. Allison Janney performance also enhances the movie.

CB7E3630-2BE8-4837-A0D2-8B4C35AAC231.jpeg

Full review expected once you have time to digest it...
Would need the spoiler thing: but generally I felt it went on too long, the plot was massively convoluted, I couldn't make out the villain was mumbling half the time and there was zero chemistry between Bond and Swann.
I did not like the ending, I think it was the wrong move entirely

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Would need the spoiler thing: but generally I felt it went on too long, the plot was massively convoluted, I couldn't make out the villain was mumbling half the time and there was zero chemistry between Bond and Swann.
I did not like the ending, I think it was the wrong move entirely
I'll watch it when it becomes available for no charge, because I'm a Bond fan - but reading the reviews from the "professional" reviewers leads me to think that they were more interested in not offending anyone with a Corona virus analogy, and throwing a bone to every ethnic group and gender they could rather than they were in making a good James Bond film.

The Gift (2015)

Creepy, almost predictable but still surprising.

Good work by Rebecca Hall.

I always think that something more could be done with the character played by Rebecca Hall as I'm always left dissatisfied by the scope of expressions or maybe the roles aren't written in depth.

She did a far better job in The Awakening.

Her (2013)

SAVE_20211005_163027.jpg

The topic may not be the cup of tea for a lot of people but it is worth a watch, it's OK to be honest with our emotions.

This movie surprised me thoroughly, it is both relatable and lovable (the characters) while being as far as reality as it is close to it.

Joaquin Phoenix did too good a job in Gladiator for common people to really hate him in real life and that might have hurt his chances of getting more mainstream roles or it might be his personal choice, idk.

Really loved the performance of both Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I finally watched the complete 128 minute version of the 1927 science fiction classic Metropolis. This is the first silent movie I have watched in many years and I was struck by the complexity of the storyline, the scale and effectiveness of the effects, and the simple visual beauty of some of the scenes which I found almost spellbinding at times. For me the original black and white version is far more effective than the few colourised scenes I have seen and this will certainly persuade me to seek out some more classic silent movies. Simply beautiful.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
In Bruges. Dark comedy. Graphically violent scenes, cursing, and drug use are present. Not family friendly. All turnoffs for me. Yet, I liked this film. Cast is top notch and at top of their form. Dialogue is witty, the storyline is smart, and the message is one of redemption. Bruges is a beautiful Belgian town, and you feel like you toured old Europe after watching. Currently streaming on Amazon Prime US.

9DA1B74D-BA52-4478-B9DB-6D6856B84FDC.jpeg

Top Bottom