What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Cosmic Sin. Absolutely terrible terrible terrible movie. Couldn’t even finish it. God, I hate this film.

Bruce Willis is beyond awful. His performance is so bad that it is like he is half asleep thru the entire movie.

Adelaide Kane is the only watchable thing in the movie and that is only as she isn’t hard to look at. Doubt she will be winning an Academy Award for this hot mess though. 😜

A 3/100 rating with Rotten Tomatoes should have told me everything I needed to know.

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Not sure why I thought these were good ideas, I guess it's just because they were on, but...

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)

The Girl Next Door (2004)

Got a couple of sensible chuckles out of AP, but was not entertained at all by The Girl Next Door except for seeing Timothy Oliphant as a giant DB.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I watched Dunkirk from 2017 and gave up after 45 minutes. I had no interest or attachment to any character, it did not convey the scale of the event, and it was one of those arty movies where hardly anyone said a word. I must be in the minority as plenty of people rave about this film. Give me The Life And Death Of Colonel Blimp any day.

I watched Dunkirk from 2017 and gave up after 45 minutes. I had no interest or attachment to any character, it did not convey the scale of the event, and it was one of those arty movies where hardly anyone said a word. I must be in the minority as plenty of people rave about this film. Give me The Life And Death Of Colonel Blimp any day.
I’ve found that when people can’t understand a film, they rave about how great it is. I think it’s an emperor’s new clothes thing.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’ve found that when people can’t understand a film, they rave about how great it is. I think it’s an emperor’s new clothes thing.
I went, YEARS AGO, with a friend to see a movie that Oprah Winfrey did, I think based on a Novel by Toni somebody? NOT the Color Purple.

Can't remember the name to save my life. A friend and I went, probably 25 to 30 years ago.

Their was a critic in the Flint "Urinal" Journal that raved about it, and so did almost every critic in the land.

It was just so impossible to understand I was ashamed to ask my friend what he thought, as I respect his opinion on such matters WAY more than my own...

Eventually we talked about it on the way home. So, at least two people thought it was horrible...

I was ashamed to ask my friend what he thought, as I respect his opinion on such matters WAY more than my own...

Eventually we talked about it on the way home. So, at least two people thought it was horrible...
That’s exactly what I’m talking about. I think entertaining movies are looked down on by the critics so that the unwashed masses will just assume that the critic is on a much higher plane than they, the masses, are.

BIG A** SPIDER. I was in the mood for a spider movie after seeing that Criterion is releasing The Incredible Shrinking Man in Oct. I had seen B.A.S. years back on cable. It's a stupid, but enjoyable spider movie, like Eight-Legged Freaks. I watched it free on IMDB, albeit with commercials. IMDB calls it Biggest Spider, so I altered the title with **, so as not to offend thosewhoareoursuperiors at B&B.

Dunkirk was awful. Bored me to tears.

Darkest Hour was fantastic. Oldman was mesmerizing to watch.

Crazy how different takes on a similar subject can lead to such different films. Both were released in the same year as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom