What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

kilo two bravo. A British war film, very good, but gory. Based on true events, it is hard watching, but deserves to be better known than it is.

I keep skipping by this on my Netflix page. Thanks. If you do might a bit of gore, you may wish to look up "The Beast". It's a film about a Russian tank crew in Afghanistan.

Red Sea Miracle Part1
A two part documentary on the Exodus narrative showing the patterns of evidence for the narrative.
I can’t wait to see Part 2.

I saw this a while ago but somehow missed the first 5 minutes. I watched it again last night.

It's better than I remembered. Jack O'Connell is of course superb, as are the rest of the cast and it is very well made. This is an area of history that I find particularly interesting. Maybe it's being born in Britain in the seventies, that it feels like a part of my personal history.

I keep skipping by this on my Netflix page. Thanks. If you do might a bit of gore, you may wish to look up "The Beast". It's a film about a Russian tank crew in Afghanistan.

I second the recommendation for Kilo Two Bravo (Kajaki), it's an excellent film.

Watched Wind River Friday, which I found to be a somewhat inert thriller that beomes interesting for the last half an hour.

I saw this last night.

OK, now I'm impressed. Very, very good film making, it reminded of Only God Forgives a little, both aesthetically and in subject matter, though it's entirely it's own film.

I've been watching The Story of Film, An Odyssey on Hulu. Although there are certain things I find irritating, overall I have to give props to a series that can spend 3 hours on predominately silent film (honestly, one could do the whole 15 hours on it, I'd love to see a Ken Burns approach to the history of the silents).

Where did you see this? I'm guessing an advanced screening? Love the Ken Loach films that I've seen.

The film was playing in a movie theater in Tübingen, Germany. I don't know quite how long it had already been running, but I caught the last showing yesterday evening - the programs change on Thursday.

Yes, Ken Loach is great. He also directed "I Daniel Blake."

Cheers,

Gauthier

I started to watch Daddy's Home 2 last night, having found the first film quite funny. I couldn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes.

Later, I watched With or Without You, an early Michael Winterbottom film, who is swiftly becoming one of my favourite directors. Really good, a technical marvel in fact, and superbly acted; kind of a cross between Woody Allen and Krzysztof Kieslowski but still its own thing. A must see if you're at all interested in the technique of film making.

1582823745892.jpeg

What makes you love it so? For me it’s the music, cynical and sarcastic dialogue, and it’s black and white, how can it not be great? ☺
Those things, plus there is a definite economy in the film making. I don't believe there is a single scene or shot within in the scene that doesn't assist us in either moving the story forward or understanding the characters' motivations better. Also, one of the greatest ending scenes ever shot (so good Scorsese even copied it).

Top Bottom