What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

I watched Lost in Translation for the first time last night. I guess I can see why it was nominated for so many awards - it's a pretty unique love story - but I felt the same way I felt about The English Patient - zero emotional connection with the lead characters left me waiting, or rather longing, for it to end. Some cool shots of Tokyo though. I had lunch at the New York Grill in the Park Hyatt when I was there last year - the views really are spectacular.

Watched A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT again on Netflix instant view. One of my favorite movies. I keep holding off for the BD to buy it, but the BD is only out in France with no English sub-titles.

I watched Lost in Translation for the first time last night. I guess I can see why it was nominated for so many awards - it's a pretty unique love story - but I felt the same way I felt about The English Patient - zero emotional connection with the lead characters left me waiting, or rather longing, for it to end. Some cool shots of Tokyo though. I had lunch at the New York Grill in the Park Hyatt when I was there last year - the views really are spectacular.

Great soundtrack to, Sopia Coppala is so underrated as a director.

Resident Evil After Life. Minimal plot, but you can't deny those effects are slick. (Maybe a bit over the top in some scenes, but they had to justify the 3D somehow. I watched in 2D.)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Another movie I'd just call OK. It was slow at times and the love interest was actually completely and totally unnecessary. As always the effects were great.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Another movie I'd just call OK. It was slow at times and the love interest was actually completely and totally unnecessary. As always the effects were great.

I'm right there with you. I thought the other 2 were much better and the chemistry between Fox and Labouf better. Not that I like Megan Fox as an actress really but she has the new girl beat. Dark of the Moon was as you said simply just ok, I think it should have and could have been epic. Disappointing.

Captain America: The First Avenger. Just got home from seeing it with my nephew. As a comic book fan from my youth I can say this was the best of all the comic book based movies I have seen this year. I have taken my nephew to see every comic themed movie since Spiderman 2. His parents are divorced with his dad being not quite a deadbeat and he has Aspbergers Syndrome. So going to see a movie with Uncle Dan is a high point to him. Made me tear up today when I took him home, I walked him to the door he gives me a big hug and said," Uncle Dan you're the best. I love you." This coming from a kid that hardly talks is a speech. Kind of made me want to go find his dad and kick the crap out of him just to let him know what he is missing out on with his son.

I'm right there with you. I thought the other 2 were much better and the chemistry between Fox and Labouf better. Not that I like Megan Fox as an actress really but she has the new girl beat. Dark of the Moon was as you said simply just ok, I think it should have and could have been epic. Disappointing.

To me the first was the best, the second was good and this one was just OK. I didn't care for Megan Fox or this chick.

Top Bottom