What's new

The "I'm Stupid" Sign

I hope this isn’t offensive....but i found it on npr.

That was a funny read..
Reminds me of this one...
images(1).jpg

I have a theory that suggests the stupid people will eventually outnumber the intelligent people. Why? Because we keep implementing safety measures to protect stupid people from themselves. Before all the safety features were implemented, stupid people did something stupid and died before they could reproduce and train more stupid people. Now they are reproducing.

So society will be something like in the movie ( Idiocracy (2006) Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes five centuries in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive. )

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Jeez, imagine going through life never EVER doing or saying something stupid. I know I'd be weighed down by my share of signs, just from my B&B posts alone!

Yeah I think we all would, but , I also think that this is meant for people who do it more often than is generally accepted as "normal"..

Jeez, imagine going through life never EVER doing or saying something stupid. I know I'd be weighed down by my share of signs, just from my B&B posts alone!
I think it would be okay to say some stupid stuff just as long as everyone else does it more..:biggrin1::blink::biggrin1::lol:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Yeah I think we all would, but , I also think that this is meant for people who do it more often than is generally accepted as "normal"..

I know this thread is in good fun, but it reminds me of a mechanic friend of mine who's now retired. Man that guy was a great mechanic, and self taught machinist. But he couldn't read very well. He would make comments from time to time about it and I knew it bothered him and he probably felt "stupid". But in many ways he was really a damn genius. A self taught machinist that had trouble reading. Think about that.

Last edited:
I know this thread is in good fun, but it reminds me of a mechanic friend of mine who's now retired. Man that guy was a great mechanic, and self taught machinist. But he couldn't read very well. He would make comments from time to time about it and I knew it bothered him and he probably felt "stupid". But in many ways he was really a damn genius. A self taught machinist that can't read very well. Think about that.
No one is being serious in this thread about learning disabilities.. we are just joking around about silly comments. I mean my wife works in a deli that was bought by another company and before the new owners take over at the end of the month the store is selling all it's current stock. Well a.guy came in today and asked so you don't have any chicken left and they explained it to him about the take over and that they had no chicken left and wouldn't have any more until after the takeover and so he replied so you don't have any chicken then..so they ( my wife and her co-worker) just looked at each other and back at him and this time they just said No.. He walked off saying huh I guess they are out of chicken....

Another example is some of the pandemic.signs.. one stated .... If you are an employee and you feel.sick don't come to work.. please come tell your manager so he can help.you with calling in...

I know this thread is in good fun, but it reminds me of a mechanic friend of mine who's now retired. Man that guy was a great mechanic, and self taught machinist. But he couldn't read very well. He would make comments from time to time about it and I knew it bothered him and he probably felt "stupid". But in many ways he was really a damn genius. A self taught machinist that had trouble reading. Think about that.
Trust me, if I thought this thread was seriously making fun of people and especially people with learning disabilities I would have already reported it.. I know at another site that I'm an administrator at if someone were seriously making fun of.people I would delete their post and I would have a stern PM with them and if it happened again I would ban them.. this thread at this moment is all in fun. I have great respect for people with learning disabilities and.all they have overcome despite the odds...

Top Bottom