What's new

The Holy Black Customer Service

My wife ordered a couple of aftershave samplers from the Holy Black for presents. When the package came, there was only one sampler even though she paid for two. She contacted them and they were very apologetic and said they'd mail out the other right away.

The package came yesterday and along with it was a big black bar of soap, no charge. Great customer service. Hopefully at least one AS will work out so I can buy more from these guys.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Never heard of Holy Black. Good to know they provide great service. What's the black soap though? scented? tar?

interesting site. gunpowder after shave? coffee grounds in an exfoliating soap? novel. curious how you like the soap (I think you got the gunpowder one).

I was gifted some shave soap samples and aftershave. The soap lathers up really nicely, good moisturizing, and slick. The aftershave smell good not overpowering seems good skin conditioning.

I hope the gunpowder scent is smokeless and not Black Powder! That stuff smells like rotten eggs boiled in sulfur.

The aftershave scents are amazingly good, IMO. (The gunpowder lacks the sufur/rotten eggs odor.) However, they are very thick and rather oily. Using enough to cover your face leaves the skin a bit tacky. I'm still working through my sample set before deciding whether to order a full bottle.

And I might regret posting this if they sell out, but the Mountain Man is the closest thing to real pine to ever come out of a bottle. If it's natural pine you're after, this is it. More real, straight-up pine than more complex fragrances such as Norne or Cape Heartache or, by a wiiiiide margin, Polo. Of course, it's an aftershave, so don't expect much longevity from the scent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom