What's new

The Great Hall of the Paladin's Guild

Introducing the newest Pally to the stable. Truly a beautiful brush. Not sure the picture reflects how pretty this brush is.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Here's a few of my Paladins. I've had at least 6 that I got specifically to PUF, it donate to the Auction. I think I have a total of 10, not sure.
Between Paladins & several Rudy Veys, these are pretty much all I use any more.
105485445_1377355042459134_5587120509857526376_o.jpg
116SM-006-A18-BACK_1024x1024.jpg
036SM-003-L17-BACK_1024x1024.jpg
0418180116~2.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I started buying Paladins in 2022. This thread so far has a lot of brushes displayed but very little discussion about owning and using a Paladin. Not everyone loves and keeps their Paladins. Not sure what all the reasons are. My current and only Paladin is a 28mm Moe in polished butterscotch. I'm hand lathering it this week. The first lather the brush ate all the lather. Second day seemed better. Curious to see how long the break-in period will be.
Imagepipe_26.jpg

My current one and only a 28mm Honey Noir Falstaff. I have a Moe in the works with Ken and only needs to be knotted at this point so ill have two in the stable befor long. I honestly will only use a Palidin from here on out, call me crazy. Consistent quality work made by two good people and his family. It does not get any better. I for one would love to see this club take off. Let's see em folks!
20221023_111221.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Here is my Chief 26mm Paladin. This Paladin has gotten better with each use. I just got this brush in the mail this week and love it so far.

View attachment 1544277

I have a very similar brush in Tigres Perla. Its a Lotus. Awesome brush. I love the way each side is a completely different pattern. I have had this one for a while now. The oranges look more orange in person. I need to take better photos of my Paladins.

1666570964814.png

1666571011201.png

I have a very similar brush in Tigres Perla. Its a Lotus. Awesome brush. I love the way each side is a completely different pattern. I have had this one for a while now. The oranges look more orange in person. I need to take better photos of my Paladins.
I love that part of the bush as well. Tigres Perla is beautiful and photos just do not do it justice. My only complaint is the sides of my brush are swirled. I'm not sure if that is common on these ones or not. It's a minor thing and that is me just being fussy. I still love the brush.

tempImageMIyT63.jpg

I started buying Paladins in 2022. This thread so far has a lot of brushes displayed but very little discussion about owning and using a Paladin. Not everyone loves and keeps their Paladins. Not sure what all the reasons are. My current and only Paladin is a 28mm Moe in polished butterscotch. I'm hand lathering it this week. The first lather the brush ate all the lather. Second day seemed better. Curious to see how long the break-in period will be. View attachment 1518119
I really love your brush!!! Butterscotch is such a beautiful color on Paladins. I have broke mine in really well with a week of use. I know many people think of Paladins as midgrade brushes in the brush world. Those that think that usually are comparing them to brushes like Declaration Grooming, Varlet, and Wald. Those brushes are $400+ brushes so it's hard to compare them. The biggest thing I see against Paladins amongst those people is the knots are not on par as they are not hand-tied and don't perform as well.

Maybe that is true I'm not sure as I don't have any of those brushes yet. I'll say my knot is great. It has a good backbone for my face lathering has really soft tips and is just a pleasure to use. I also love the handles and look at Paladins as a true piece of art.

I really love your brush!!! Butterscotch is such a beautiful color on Paladins. I have broke mine in really well with a week of use. I know many people think of Paladins as midgrade brushes in the brush world. Those that think that usually are comparing them to brushes like Declaration Grooming, Varlet, and Wald. Those brushes are $400+ brushes so it's hard to compare them. The biggest thing I see against Paladins amongst those people is the knots are not on par as they are not hand-tied and don't perform as well.

Maybe that is true I'm not sure as I don't have any of those brushes yet. I'll say my knot is great. It has a good backbone for my face lathering has really soft tips and is just a pleasure to use. I also love the handles and look at Paladins as a true piece of art.
I still like my big knotted Moe Paladin. I've used it about a dozen times. It needs lots of soap, but I happen to have lots of soap.
Can I tell the difference between it and my Maggards SHD badger? I don't think so. Nor do I care. They're both fine brushes.

I'm considering buying one of these bushes pictured is the 2021 Halloween Jack (satin black) or 2022 Halloween Jack (satin butterscotch). Both are 28mm.

I'm leaning with the satin black but curious what one would you pick?
07F6A1BB-9775-4775-A006-8BB6E8C6D3F8.jpeg

C72F41C4-D771-45F3-B41A-CA2537425153.jpeg

I would
I'm considering buying one of these bushes pictured is the 2021 Halloween Jack (satin black) or 2022 Halloween Jack (satin butterscotch). Both are 28mm.

I'm leaning with the satin black but curious what one would you pick?
View attachment 1546850
View attachment 1546852
Go with the satin black. Personaly I like the look of Jack better on that one and the yellow on black certainly catches the eye and kind of pops out at you in a way the butterscotch does not.

Just found this thread. I've got two on the way. Pics when I receive them. I think I've found my new rabbit hole.:eek2:
BOTB Hive 4
Lotus Satin Briar
Both 26 mm
Welcome my friend, we're looking forward too the pictures! I may or may not have a Grape Ape Micarta on the way myself. It's a slippery slope for sure, I'm already pondering my next acquisition. 😬

Top Bottom