What's new

The Great Hall of the Paladin's Guild

What?: An exclusive place made up of a brotherhood of Paladin brush users.

Why?: To have a place to show off our Paladins to be revered by all. The location to regale all your Paladin tales, and submit your Paladin queries. To unite the Paladin Brotherhood in one place in order to rule the shaving brush kingdom.

Who can join?: All current Paladin owners, or potential owners.

Discussions should be limited to the all mighty Paladin brush, it's display, it's overwhelming beauty. Other brushes are allowed mention as long as it does not detract from the main subject of this hallowed hall ... the Paladin.

All hail the Grand Paladin @ChiefBroom for creating the Paladin shaving brush, and for his continued pursuit of brush perfection.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

While many of our brothers have a plethora of Paladins in their stable, at the moment I have only one. Here is mine: a Samurai 26mm in Vintage Port. I look forward to the growth of this group, and the beautiful collections to be displayed.
proxy.php
proxy.php

What is everybody looking forward to in the next drop? I would love something/ anything in Phantasia rod stock. What are you looking for? Let us know.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I own and enjoy 4 Paladin brushes but the name of this group is a little too high brow for me. I would have called it something like the "Pals Club."

I own and enjoy 4 Paladin brushes but the name of this group is a little too high brow for me. I would have called it something like the "Pals Club."
I wasn't trying to be snobbish, I guess I was trying to come up with something that sounded like a place medieval Paladins would hang out and enjoy an ale while talking and socializing. Sorry if I offended you or put you off.

Here's my stable of 5. Have brush, will travel.

Paladins are by far my favorite brushes, but I do keep my rotation humble with 1 Simpson and 1 Morris & Forndran (Pre-Sears collab.)

I just received my BOTB Hive #5 Lemon Drop about an hour ago and I had already shaved, so I'll come back with a review on the 2CLNE7 knot, which actually feels plush dry, when I shave again Monday or Tuesday.
20200807_182509.jpg
20200807_181606.jpg
20200712_025525.jpg

Here's my stable of 5. Have brush, will travel.

Paladins are by far my favorite brushes, but I do keep my rotation humble with 1 Simpson and 1 Morris & Forndran (Pre-Sears collab.)

I just received my BOTB Hive #5 Lemon Drop about an hour ago and I had already shaved, so I'll come back with a review on the 2CLNE7 knot, which actually feels plush dry, when I shave again Monday or Tuesday.
View attachment 1136364View attachment 1136365View attachment 1136366
Gorgeous collection! Thank you for sharing.

My current stable is the top pic. Tried a few others (second pic) and moved them onto new homes. Love the Cleo shape, been looking for more for a while but apparently they are coveted. Mine are L6 and B5. The ones on the second pic were J6 and D6. Also been on the hunt for a 26mm moe. Most of their posts are made on Facebook nowadays, for y’all that don’t know. Have tried a few artisans to replicate Paladin handles, so far no one even comes close to the quality/craftsmanship. Knots from my experience:
B5 - my favorite. Lots of scrub & backbone but still soft enough. A true workhorse
L6 - super soft tips and a bit dense. But the brush I reach for when I want a luxury shave
D6 - I really enjoyed this knot. Handle color wasn’t for me really tho
J6 - softest knot I’ve ever tried. Ended up being too soft for my prefrances
A7 - also had a pirate with this knot for a while. Knot had a good balance of soft & backbone. Was a bit dense tho and handle shape didn’t really end up being my bag
88EFB2F7-889E-47D9-8224-FA424FD8C41F.jpeg

0F086226-D73C-4FF5-A6DA-EE54EC18C1CD.jpeg

My current stable is the top pic. Tried a few others (second pic) and moved them onto new homes. Love the Cleo shape, been looking for more for a while but apparently they are coveted. Mine are L6 and B5. The ones on the second pic were J6 and D6. Also been on the hunt for a 26mm moe. Most of their posts are made on Facebook nowadays, for y’all that don’t know. Have tried a few artisans to replicate Paladin handles, so far no one even comes close to the quality/craftsmanship. Knots from my experience:
B5 - my favorite. Lots of scrub & backbone but still soft enough. A true workhorse
L6 - super soft tips and a bit dense. But the brush I reach for when I want a luxury shave
D6 - I really enjoyed this knot. Handle color wasn’t for me really tho
J6 - softest knot I’ve ever tried. Ended up being too soft for my prefrances
A7 - also had a pirate with this knot for a while. Knot had a good balance of soft & backbone. Was a bit dense tho and handle shape didn’t really end up being my bag
View attachment 1136471
View attachment 1136472
Beautiful brushes indeed. Thank you for sharing and for the bonus info on the knots. The Neptune and Harlequin are gorgeous examples.

Top Bottom