What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 5 (Signup + the round) CTB5

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would love to be included if everyone is ok with it. Let me know and I will send my address to who ever needs it.

I will wait a bit more before I update the route. When your turn comes, you will get a PM to send your address for the exchange.

Can we include non-shaving/not bulky at all items? I have a few tickets left from when McDonalds did those cup stickers/free coffees.. be nice to treat everyone to a cup of coffee?

Ideally no. We had non-wet shaving items in the box before and it takes room. Weight doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment since Canada Post allows us up to 5kg (it doesn't mean we need to bust that 5kg... looking at you @rockviper).

I know that a gift card is fairly small but if we start with that, then it might turn into something else.

EDIT: updated post 1 only to switch @SharpieB and @linty1 - pending further edits.

I took the GEM Micromatic for a spin today!! It was my first time using a GEM or an SE razor in general. It was a really good shave. It tackled the under the chin trouble spot easily. Ok I think I got a little lucky and plan on using it more this coming week to figure out the correct angles. I may have to shave even shallower next time. I also used the Old Spice Aftershave, but it smells a bit different than my son's. @Luc is this current production Old Spice? Lol, my wife likes it and was surprised it was Old Spice 🤣

IMG_20240218_162013.jpg

I will wait a bit more before I update the route. When your turn comes, you will get a PM to send your address for the exchange.

Ideally no. We had non-wet shaving items in the box before and it takes room. Weight doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment since Canada Post allows us up to 5kg (it doesn't mean we need to bust that 5kg... looking at you @rockviper).

I know that a gift card is fairly small but if we start with that, then it might turn into something else.

EDIT: updated post 1 only to switch @SharpieB and @linty1 - pending further edits.
Ok. I will be on the look out for a message.

Luc

Staff member
Don't worry, Luc. I was thinking of adding a DE or 2, a small AS bottle, a tube of Musgo, and a stick of tallow Tabac(so people can easily cut off a slice if the want some).
I'm keepin' an eye on you mate! :laugh:
I took the GEM Micromatic for a spin today!! It was my first time using a GEM or an SE razor in general. It was a really good shave. It tackled the under the chin trouble spot easily. Ok I think I got a little lucky and plan on using it more this coming week to figure out the correct angles. I may have to shave even shallower next time. I also used the Old Spice Aftershave, but it smells a bit different than my son's. @Luc is this current production Old Spice? Lol, my wife likes it and was surprised it was Old Spice 🤣

View attachment 1798423
Let me give you the short version. Years (even Year-z) ago, there was a bit of noise about Old Spice going out of production (Except for Canada and India). Back in those days, I lived in Melbourne Australia for a few years. The easiest for me was to get Old Spice made in India. It was cheap but took ages to get to me. It came in a red plastic bottle. My package got lost twice, the seller sent me a replacement twice. In 6 months, I got all 3 packages (strange). Anyway, when I finished the Indian-made Old Spice stash, I went to the local Canadian Chemist (or Pharmacy as I was back in Canada) to get some more. Mind you, I never bought Old Spice before so I did not pay much attention to the packaging. It's a bottle of Old Spice Pur Sport. The packaging is very similar from one 'flavor' to another so that's where I got mixed. It would be worse today as I shop without glasses. What I don't see might not kill me!

So, yes, new production but, that bottle is, at least, 5 years old. So, I don't know if you get a bottle of Pur Sport today if it will be the same. That's why the juice is slightly blue. The Original-Original is clear.
^^^
I bet it's actually the VEG!!! 🥦
You're dreamin'

But my wife/daughter loves the veg... Me, not that much...

Ok. I will be on the look out for a message.
:thumbup1:

Luc

Staff member
Bummer! If you try the Valet (I've included the blades that fit the valet), the alignment should be easy once you lock the blade. However, I find the valet to be too aggressive for me.

Bummer! If you try the Valet (I've included the blades that fit the valet), the alignment should be easy once you lock the blade. However, I find the valet to be too aggressive for me.
I am all healed up today and have triple checked the blade stops on the GEM and am going to give it another go!!

Luc

Staff member
all right, @linty1 and @Jayson74, post 1 is updated to catch both of you when the box comes back.

@Balin, let me know if I add you just before the box gets back to me so that way you can see how the box changed.

So, @Leverspro, you will be sending the box back our way when you are done. If someone in the middle wants in, I could probably add a pit stop between BC/Ontario (I will keep you updated if that changes).

IMG_20240222_174728.jpg

I tried the Ever-Ready today and had a nice smooth shave. I found it easier to get the correct angle than I did with the Micromatic. The Gada cream performed well and had a nice clean scent. Clubman original finished off my shave as it now one of my wife's favourites! My birthday is coming up so who knows, lol.

I will have had the box 2 weeks on Wednesday so I will make arrangements with @SharpieB and @rockviper to schedule a hand off.

My last shave with the Ever-Ready 1914 ☹️. I'm packing up the Canadian Pass Around Box tonight, but I might leave the Clubman on top for one last splash tomorrow 😆.
IMG_20240224_192443.jpg

Plans are set for hand off tomorrow! I did fill a small sample container with some GADA Cool mint and will be taking a couple of blades that I have not tried before. I wish I didn't try the Ever-Ready 1914 razor as it opened up a new rabbit hole right under my feet 🤣. I may be getting a bottle of Clubman Original from my wife for my birthday next month 😃.

Thanks @Luc for organizing this!!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
What a great almost hour and a half that was! It's such a small world, both from where we all come from as well as careers.

The young'uns were wondering what to do with all the aftershaves they have at home. Apparently, they go through soaps faster than the matching splashes. I suggested they google Charles Bronson Mandom as a way to remedy that situation.

To save some time, here it is....

Thanks for a fun afternoon, @Balin and @SharpieB !

Top Bottom