What's new

The DIY "Moss scuttle"

LGarcia said:
You don't like the way it functions? You said you made something like this yourself but for way cheaper. You used cermanic and a stainless steel. Good luck in life.

LG

i believe joseph means the 2 sections not seperating as what he doesnt like about the function, either way i think your post is uncalled for.

LG,

show us what you made. We would all be very interested !!!!

I own the moss scuttle and have for several weeks now. I even have a prescription from Dr Moss himself to use it everyday. I posted that over at the "other forum".

it is a very simple but funtional design. I know that with everything somebody can improve the styling. Look what happened to automobiles since thier beginning. Ford only painted black and would not accept credit. Chevrolet painted his cars in vibrant colors and invented. GMAC and got the whole world in debt !!!

At first moss scuttle only came in a dark brown color. I ask Sara for an off white and now she is doing them in cobalt blue. I am sure other colors will follow.

Shaving is just like ice cream, there are so many flavors and we all have our favorites. Let's just eat ours and bull**** the afternoon away and enjoy ourselves.

Mark the shoeshine boy

mark the shoeshine boy said:
LG,

show us what you made. We would all be very interested !!!!

I own the moss scuttle and have for several weeks now. I even have a prescription from Dr Moss himself to use it everyday. I posted that over at the "other forum".

it is a very simple but funtional design. I know that with everything somebody can improve the styling. Look what happened to automobiles since thier beginning. Ford only painted black and would not accept credit. Chevrolet painted his cars in vibrant colors and invented. GMAC and got the whole world in debt !!!

At first moss scuttle only came in a dark brown color. I ask Sara for an off white and now she is doing them in cobalt blue. I am sure other colors will follow.

Shaving is just like ice cream, there are so many flavors and we all have our favorites. Let's just eat ours and bull**** the afternoon away and enjoy ourselves.

Mark the shoeshine boy

Wow Mark, how and when did you become so eloquent? :biggrin:

I have no problem with the scuttle. I actually like it very much. My complaint was not about the scuttle, my issue was with a person who is bitching about it and doesnt even own one.

I just received my cream scuttle today and took it for a test drive. I will preface my remarks with the fact that I had previously purchased a violet pot and utilized it for a period of two weeks. As many of you know, the violet pots do not have a glaze around the bottom portion of the insert. This is to allow the water to absorb. It also means that the bottom of the insert is rough. I did not want to damage my brush, so I had a local potter glaze the bottom of the insert, both inside and out. I tell all this simply so you know that I am serious about my lather and equipment. The violet pot worked fine. I got a nice warm lather for three passes.

The only thing that bothered me was that it looked like a violet pot. Don't get me wrong, I don't put myself into any "luxury" or "economy" category. I use the three T's as well as Arko, WARS, MEM, and Old Spice Cream. If it gives a good shave, I'll use it. The scuttle simply looks at home amongst my other shaving instruments. Most importantly, the scuttle worked great. The lather stayed warmer than my violet pot lather, and the whole system was much easier to use. I found the violet pot to be effective yet cumbersome. The scuttle is really a nice shaving product that I am sure will bring years of enjoyment. Many thanks to Chris and Sara for putting this together.

~ Beati Pacifici~

I got a call from Sara yesterday to let me know she was shipping mine. Can't wait!

And thanks, Mike, for the review.

-Rich

Just got mine yesterday...

:tongue_sm :biggrin: :w00t:

VERY nice and heavy. Worked better than anything I've used to date to keep a nice, warm (not hot) lather through my whole shave.

I used it with soap from Provence Sante for the inaugural run and it was fantastic. The "lather bowl" area is going to take me some getting used to as it's quite a bit smaller than the monster bowl I've been using. I made a little mess - but no more than I make with water everywhere, etc., anyhow...

Definitely a finely crafted product!

Mine showed up today with an imperfection on the left side that leaks.... suffice to say, for $70, I am not the slightest bit amused....

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotto said:
That blows, Joel. Perhaps it is revenge of SMF.... :lol: :lol:

That would be funny if it weren't $70 and terribly hard to use. You fill it up with piping hot water.... move it in the slightest and is leaks all over the place. How wonderfully delightful, nothin' like piping hot water burning your feet to wake you up in the morning.... I should contact folders coffee and patent this thing.

one smf just had one come in busted...so, so far her record is really great....she will make it good with no qualms, whatsoever...when firing ceramics...imperfections are a part of the business and it helps creates the unusual of each individual piece.

I can still remember my masterpiece in high school, but was demolished by another pot exploding...:w00t:

It became an easy "A"....

mark tssb

mark the shoeshine boy said:
one smf just had one come in busted...so, so far her record is really great....she will make it good with no qualms, whatsoever...when firing ceramics...imperfections are a part of the business and it helps creates the unusual of each individual piece.

I can still remember my masterpiece in high school, but was demolished by another pot exploding...:w00t:

It became an easy "A"....

mark tssb

Just an FYI, I had emailed Sara the picture and she was very quick to reply and will be sending me a replacement this week.

While it may be a premo priced product when it is all said and done... it also appears it has the world class service to match.

Top Bottom