What's new

The Desert Island

Right now I'd say a Spiral Tech from the 70s...

But if Muhle did an R89 that wasn't made of pot metal I'd sell my collection and move to a desert island.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Right now I'd say a Spiral Tech from the 70s...

But if Muhle did an R89 that wasn't made of pot metal I'd sell my collection and move to a desert island.

Wow! That's quite a testimony for that Muhle razor! Glad you found a razor that works that good for you.

My contenders are Muhle R41, Rockwell 6S and Merkur 42C (1904) and as I wouldn't need anything too feisty on a desert island I think I'd opt for the 42C.

How to make the soap on the island?
If you have hardwood, use the ashes from your cook or warming fires to make lye, then use the lye and coconut oil (and/or other fats and oils) to make soap. (Warning, lye is caustic.) All you need is ashes, water to leach the lye out of the ashes and to mix with the oil or fats. Simple.:) (Not that I've actually tried it, I buy my lye.) :)

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Considering that the adjustable requires more maintenance, I would choose a three-piece design; and considering the possibility of wound infection in the wild, I would avoid choosing an over-stimulating razor.

Possible lists such as my lupo 72, game changer 84, mamba, timeless 68, as-d2 or even rockwell 6s.

Of course, if I can’t shave every day in the wilderness, a mild OC can also bring great results, such as gillette new sc.

Top Bottom