What's new

The Daily Double

Gevoso SS 2000 SR
Star (ASR) 'Silver Star' DE
IMG_5905.jpeg

New Year's Evening shave, hit for a triple (SR shave testing)

Gillette New Improved Tuckaway / SuperMax Blue Diamond (1)
Cattaraugus Cutlery G52T 5/8
Shumate Tungsteel 5/8
IMG_5948.jpeg

Marsh Brothers New Pattern Roxo, Ponds Works, Sheffield
Gillette New Improved Bostonian / Nacet (1)

IMG_6004.jpeg

I was a little heedless.

First ever shave with the snaggle-tooth NI Bostonian, gave myself a base-of-the-neck weeper doing maelstrom touch up.

First ever shave with the Roxo, after edge restoration - a beautiful shave with a light, hollow SR on multi-day stubble. Sharp and smooth across the blade.

Got lost in a series of theme months, finishing with One Blade in February. I'm going to go with a My Way theme for a while...

IMG_6131.jpeg

Ertan Süer Campiono 6/8

borrowed Timeless 95 OC

Very meticulous shave, half was observed by the LOTH, great result in spite of conversation while shaving.

IMG_6150.jpeg

Russian Bear 7/8 SR by Ertan Süer

baton handle Treet, not quite a 1912 (teeth on the bar) / Gem PTFE (5)

Close shave of multi-day stubble

Double, triple, whatever ...
IMG_6209.jpeg

Cattaraugus SR for an edge test

Robeson SR for comparison, a top notch edge

Gillette ABC Scroll and a Nacet for Vintage April

it worked perfectly

Oh I forgot to post my last double here.

IMG_20240508_145342954_HDR-01-01-01.jpeg

This was an absolutely spectacular shave. Both razors performed exceptionally, the lather was glorious, the brush is superb, the copper bowl is always a pleasure to use and the aftershave is phenomenal. I've wanted both of these razors for 10+ years. It was awesome to finally add them to my collection and to get to shave with them both for the first time. The adapter I made for the Torrey worked perfectly.

Oh I forgot to post my last double here.

View attachment 1843428

This was an absolutely spectacular shave. Both razors performed exceptionally, the lather was glorious, the brush is superb, the copper bowl is always a pleasure to use and the aftershave is phenomenal. I've wanted both of these razors for 10+ years. It was awesome to finally add them to my collection and to get to shave with them both for the first time. The adapter I made for the Torrey worked perfectly.

What an outstanding double! Two beautiful, rarely seen razors.

Top Bottom