Gillette Blue Tip / Gillette 7o'clock Super Stainless
20231124_215433.jpg

Blue Monday!

Gillette blue-tip Super Speed
Treet black blade (1)
Semogue beech-handled boar brush
Stirling Almond Creme soap
Cold water to finish

The blue tip does an excellent job with these carbon-steel blades!
Cool to hear the Treet worked well, I've been umming and ahhing about trying a Treet in my Blue Tip (because it had a carbon steel blade in it when I found it), so I might finally give it a go soon

Cool to hear the Treet worked well, I've been umming and ahhing about trying a Treet in my Blue Tip (because it had a carbon steel blade in it when I found it), so I might finally give it a go soon
The Treet Blacks are decent enough blades for a shave or two. I did manage to push one through One Blade In February, but I wouldn't do that again! I find they work better in milder razors like the Blue Tip than in more aggressive ones.

I have to admit that leaving the Treet black in the Blue Tip and skipping a day did not result in a great shave today. The blade didn't tug, but it barely cut the two day growth. I suspect I should have used a fresh blade.

IMG_3235.JPG

Razor: English Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed
Blade: Treet Carbon Steel (3rd shave), BIC Chrome Platinum (1st shave)
Brush: Omega S-Brush S10019
Soap: Noble Otter Bare
Aftershave: Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel, Quorum Silver

Third shave with the Treet, it was comfortable if ineffective for the first pass, but just wasn't cutting it ATG, so replaced with a fresh BIC. First time using the new S-Brush, my first synthetic, and it's easy to use and comfortable. My only complaint is that the handle is a bit slippery and featureless. Second time using the Noble Otter, and I added more water which helped a great deal, but it still felt like it dried a bit on my face.

Top Bottom