What's new

The best sandalwood scented soap

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Ok Gents,
Someone at work asked me what was a good sandalwood soap and I told him that the general consensus is AOS sandalwood is that still true?

I have to say that the Old Formula Tallow TAOS Sandalwood is still to this day my absolute Favorite although I have not sniffed too many others including CSRW so I would not be able to offer a valid opinion on theirs.

I haven't tried many of those mentioned above, but proraso red is definitely good and a reasonably true to life sandalwood. I can't recommend d.r. harris' sandalwood. It has notes of insect repellent to me, and this aspect of it reminds me a lot of trumpers spanish leather cologne. If you don't have the same perception of the spanish leather then maybe you'll like the harris sandalwood. Queen Charlotte's sandalwood was a true sandalwood. 100% essential oil if I recall correctly. If you like something natural and subdued, not really sweet like the proraso, then I recommend this.

I really like both RazoRock Nonno Michelino and Tcheon Fung Sing Barba Blu (which I'm pretty sure are actually the same soap, since Tcheon Fung Sing produced the La Famiglia line for RazoRock). Sadly, both have been discontinued.

RazoRock's other sandalwood scent, Third Eye, is okay, but not as good as Nonno Michelino; unfortunately, I think this scent was discontinued, too.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of the Proraso Red; to me, it smells kinda like a dirty, musty mop bucket.

As for stuff I haven't tried directly, I love Haslinger Schafmilch, but haven't tried their sandalwood yet. I've heard good things, though, and I believe Haslinger has a whole line of mens grooming products in sandalwood.

Last edited:
I have smelled the Trufitt & Hill Sandalwood cologune, and if the soap smells anything like that....wow! I loved the smell of the cologne.

My favorite is Razorock sensitive skin formula sandalwood, but it has been discontinued.

For a more "woodsy" sandalwood, I like the Italian Barber sandalwood, and for a little "sweeter" I like the Captains Choice.

I have Shaver Heaven and it's pretty good stuff. I'm looking at Reef Points and Queen Charlotte to find the best and strongest Sandalwood scent. I'm pleased with Reef Points balms and Aftershaves, but haven't tried the soap. Is it a top tier Sandalwood?

Well stop using a dirty mop to dollop out your shave soap in the morn'n and you won't have that problem anymore. :lol::lol:

Perhaps that was how I started out. <_<_>_>

But I've got a Whipped Dog Silvertip brush now, which I wash out with baby shampoo on a regular basis; pretty sure it's not the brush.

AoS tallow is still #1 to me. QCS Esquire would be my #2 but it's not straight up sandalwood.

Also like Captains Choice and PAA.

Top Bottom