What's new

The best 10 bucks you ever spent (on shaving)

Once in a while you look back at a purchase and say: "That's the best X bucks I ever spent"

In all your shaving purchases what is that you bought that meets the best 10 bucks criteria?

I'll go first. My Omega Pro 48 shaving brush.

I realize that 10 bucks is a pretty low number, but it's sticking in my mind as we get into the 10 buck gift exchange Christmas thing.

For me, an Arko stick hands down. Still some of the best soap I've ever used. And it always performs the same way, which I find very helpful when evaluating the performance of other shaving gear.

It is also possible to get a vintage Gillette Super Speed or Tech for about $10 if you are patient and don't mind given it a careful cleaning. Both types of razors give a superb shave and are made much better than the few modern types that cost in the $10 range.

Found these at an antique shop some years ago. Two Slims, an English Rocket and an English Knack/Slim Twist.

4 4 4.jpg

I asked the prices and the lady said they're each $1. Needless to say I splurged and bought them all. Oh, and lunch after at the KFC down the road was six bucks so grand total, my best $10 spent on shaving.

Shave sticks: La Toja and Speick (tallow)
Creams: Lea and Proraso wood and spice (might have to look around for it)
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Blades: Astra SS and SP

All of them can be found for under $10. I consider them to be some of the best products available. But might have to shop around for the best prices on the Astra SPs and the Proraso wood and spice

Top Bottom