What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

Whether It’s a badger, synthetic or boar, I exclusively face lather. Maybe it’s therapeutic before the craziness of the day begins.

I recently started using a tabac shave stick and one thing I’ve come to really enjoy is that warm brush from face lathering. Didn’t notice it before when I load from a soap puck but I guess some of the warmth goes away before the brush gets on my face...not the case with a shave stick.

Hi,

Welcome!

And, I just discovered that the new board SW forgets where I was in a thread after a while of no activity in it. When I hit the button to take me to the first unread post, it dropped onto post number one instead.

Stan

If there are no new posts, I get dropped at Post #1, otherwise I seem to go to the first new Post.

Not a lot to say I guess, unless I decide to start bowl lathering
:lol:

Hi,

If it has been too long since the last new post, then the board software loses its place and we all are given the very first post.

Stan

Hi,

If it has been too long since the last new post, then the board software loses its place and we all are given the very first post.

Stan

Hmmm... I now get the last post (yours...).

The board doesn't take you to your last place, it takes you to new posts. If there are no new posts, you go to post #1.
I just confirmed by going back to a post I had just read all the posts on 1 minute ago. I went to post #1.

Hi,

Partly correct.

Today there was a new post, and it took me right to it.

Saturday there was a new post and it took me to Post Number One. Not to the new post.

Why? Because the last time before that, the last post was Oct 24th. Too much time had passed between posts for the site database to still have the last time I had seen a post in this thread.

The board software does this for all threads past a certain timeframe since the last new post. What I do not know, exactly, is what that timeframe is.

And, yes, if there is no new post, it goes to #1 even if the last post was today and you had already seen it.

Stan

Hi,

I just looked in the General Shaving Discussion forum, and all posts older than one month show no new posts. That is, titles not in bold. So, I expect this is the length of time the DB holds the last new post for individuals as well.

Stan

Hi,

I just looked in the General Shaving Discussion forum, and all posts older than one month show no new posts. That is, titles not in bold. So, I expect this is the length of time the DB holds the last new post for individuals as well.

Stan

Nice to know the additional behaviors. I mark all as read at least once a month so would have never noticed that behavior. If I haven't read it in a month . . .

That time will probably lengthen over time though.

I'll re-affirm my allegiance also. I do have a scuttle (which I used to use many years ago) which I have with all of my shaving things but the only thing I use it for is to sit my brush, handle down in the nice flat center, to dry.

Mind if I come in? I got a small scuttle when I first started as I wanted to be proficient in everything shaving. I quickly realized I get better shaves and can gage my water ratio better face lathering. The scuttle is only good for soaking my brush.

Yes, I also have a beautiful scuttle, which I bought many years ago, to make lather. After using it for that for a short time, and I discovered face lathering, I just used it for brush soaking and then drying the brush. But my wife says the beautiful color of it goes well in the bathroom.

Top Bottom