What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

So just throwing this out there the Razorock Plissoft Bruce is a face lathering machine. It's super soft on the face holds water like a champ and lathers like a champ.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Welcome!

And, I just discovered that the new board SW forgets where I was in a thread after a while of no activity in it. When I hit the button to take me to the first unread post, it dropped onto post number one instead.

Stan

Hi,

Welcome!

And, I just discovered that the new board SW forgets where I was in a thread after a while of no activity in it. When I hit the button to take me to the first unread post, it dropped onto post number one instead.

Stan

Stan, it doesn't happen to me.. but it does happen that I don't get notifications from threads I'm watching (aka subscribed...)...

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Another face lather builder here. I never realised thing was a "thing". I thought I was a bit of an odd one out with my approach, but obviously not. Mitchells Wool Fat for me, by the way. Aside from the foam in a can, that's all I've ever used. A well soaked brush (Men-U boar), just ten quick swirls on top of the soap, and that's a nice runny overly wet mess. Apply to face, and swirl away. By the time the lather starts to build build, the beard is fully hydrated and as slick as you'll ever need.

I did try bowl lathering a couple of times, and ended up with a big frothy bowlful, but applied to the face it just kind of sat on top of the beard and did nothing to assist the shave. Even trying to work it in, it kind of felt like I'd have been better off with a cheap aerosol can of foam. Good for Santa impressions maybe, but useless for shaving.

Hi,

I use four laps, then work it on my face. Then, another four laps and work that on my face. Usually that is enough, and a bit too dry. So, I wet just the brush tips and work it a little more. Sometimes I need a bit more soap, but most times that right there is enough. :)

Stan

I have what the shaving gods call "the touch".... I swirl my brush all over the puck n times...and... here you go!

You can do nothing when the gods grace you...

I used to lather in a pewter cup. Once I got the hang of face lathering I never looked back. It really simplifies the process! My equipment is simple, an Omega synthetic brush and Cella soap. The only problem I have is I tend to splash lather all over the sink and counter. Small price to pay!

After using a shave stick last summer, I became a face latherer! And my lathers have improved dramatically. However, I will admit to using a scuttle in winter months, but mostly as a brush warmer, the lather is still built up on my face.

Stan, it doesn't happen to me.. but it does happen that I don't get notifications from threads I'm watching (aka subscribed...)...
If you get your notifications but then don't actually go inside the thread for awhile (not sure how long it has to be), they'll stop sending you notifications.

I have discovered that I cannot effectively make lather in a bowl/mug/scuttle without getting it up the sides of the selected lather vessel and up the handle of the brush (and my fingers).

By face lathering, I've just recently figured out, that I use roughly half of the product I used to when trying to use a vessel. The unfortunate part of that is: I believe that I now qualify for the 3017ers

Top Bottom