What's new

The Art of Shaving - Sandalwood

So my wife bought me a puck of Sandalwood soap from the Art of Shaving as a present about a year ago and it's been sitting in a drawer until I finished up the TOBS almond cream. Yesterday I finally had the chance to use it and can say it's quite easy to lather and smells great. It's probably not worth the premium price compared to other soap options but if someone decides to buy you some it's a decent soap.

SIt's probably not worth the premium price compared to other soap options
Worth always varies from person to person no matter what the topic. People buy shave soaps at all different price points and having varying notions of what makes a shave soap worth buying. AoS was one of my favorites until I settled on MDC.

I did a test lather in the store. I agree it wasn't hard to lather and has that awesome AoS scent. I did find it more drying than my tallow (non AOS) soaps.

I'd consider it to be better than decent. I'd call it an excellent soap with the previous tallow version to be a slight bit better. Gig103 is right it is a little bit drying.

In my opinion it's still about the best sandlewood soap available. People complain about the price but when you consider how long a puck lasts it's not that bad at all. Plus they do 20% off sales twice a year if you sign up to get their emails.

I'd consider it to be better than decent. I'd call it an excellent soap with the previous tallow version to be a slight bit better. Gig103 is right it is a little bit drying.

In my opinion it's still about the best sandlewood soap available. People complain about the price but when you consider how long a puck lasts it's not that bad at all. Plus they do 20% off sales twice a year if you sign up to get their emails.

+1

Well said. Worth is difficult to assess but it really is a great soap, and its nice being to just buy locally.

Top Bottom