What's new

The Anything Thread

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Funny, Blake's cat has the same reaction whenever Blake goes out for the paper. Something about no pants, I'd imagine.

proxy.php

Dennis? :blink:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Well, hopefully congratulations are in order. I am sad at no longer have you randomly showing up in town. :sad: I'll be going through next month, BTW.

:lol::lol:

Let me know when. I'll probably be in Green Bay by then.

Oh, and yes, it is a congratulatory thing. It's one thing to get an offer after a series of interviews, it's entirely different to have someone who knows what you did for several years in their employment and they reach out and make the effort to bring you back. I feel very good.

I also met the new shop supervisor that I will be working with and I said to him that I did not want anyone to think that I was "crawling" back. He said, "Oh no! I asked for you." I was a little surprised and quite flattered. He said one day he was working on a quote and everything in the previous job file was exactly what he wanted and asked who did that. He was told by the previous shop sup (who still works there in a different capacity), "That was Dennis."

I actually had three offers on the table this weekend. It was a very good position to be in.

Let me know when. I'll probably be in Green Bay by then.

Oh, and yes, it is a congratulatory thing. It's one thing to get an offer after a series of interviews, it's entirely different to have someone who knows what you did for several years in their employment and they reach out and make the effort to bring you back. I feel very good.

I also met the new shop supervisor that I will be working with and I said to him that I did not want anyone to think that I was "crawling" back. He said, "Oh no! I asked for you." I was a little surprised and quite flattered. He said one day he was working on a quote and everything in the previous job file was exactly what he wanted and asked who did that. He was told by the previous shop sup (who still works there in a different capacity), "That was Dennis."

I actually had three offers on the table this weekend. It was a very good position to be in.

Doubt I go near there unless I take a detour. We shall see.

That is pretty awesome!

It's new job say here in the TAT, first Dennis and now me, yep as of thursday i will no longer be unemployed. I just got word from the placement agency that the interview i had today went well and they want me. It's not a glamorous job, but it's better than sitting on my butt all day and I'm glad to have it. Thanks to all you guys for your good wishes and support.

It's new job say here in the TAT, first Dennis and now me, yep as of thursday i will no longer be unemployed. I just got word from the placement agency that the interview i had today went well and they want me. It's not a glamorous job, but it's better than sitting on my butt all day and I'm glad to have it. Thanks to all you guys for your good wishes and support.

Congratulations! :thumbup1:

'Grats Darrem! Good luck in the new job!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.

Great News Darren! :thumbup:

Congratulations, Darren! Glamorous jobs are way overrated, anyway! :thumbup1:

Thanks gang, I was supposed to have a meeting with the government employment office, but I'll give them a call to tell them I found a job later today. I think I'm happiest about not having to go to that meeting, my wife is happy about getting me the heck out of the house after five months of too much time together.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

Congratulations! :a50:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I was a little disappointed today. I thought they would insist that I turn in my truck today. Instead I am back on the road and they will work me over to the main terminal to turn in my truck, probably next week.

Top Bottom