What's new

Thayers toner cucumber smell

Just picked some cucumber spray up from target along with the unscented pour bottle. Not a fan of the cucumber smell. Does it go away after use. The smell I mean?

All of the scents go away after a few minutes. The cucumber is one of the stronger ones. If you don't mind a bit of alcohol, the superhazel is nice. Lemon or lavender will blend easily with most aftershave scents. There is also an unscented version with aloe.

All of the scents go away after a few minutes. The cucumber is one of the stronger ones. If you don't mind a bit of alcohol, the superhazel is nice. Lemon or lavender will blend easily with most aftershave scents. There is also an unscented version with aloe.
Good to know thank you. I did get the unscented with aloe also. I’ll probably exchange the cucumber one for the lavender. I just got some barrister and Mann Seville. That soap smells great. Gonna try it tonight then I’ll just use the alum with some unscented thayers and Nivea balm after

Cucumber is really good for dry, irritated skin, which is why it's in the product. Mostly, Thayers is bought by women and used as toner.

...I’ll just use the alum with some unscented thayers and Nivea balm after...
When you are done shaving, try a cold water rinse for abut a minute or so. This will help calm the skin down. Note both alum and witch hazel are astringents, so it may not be necessary to use both. If you use alum, but sure to rinse it all off before putting on any balms, etc.

When you are done shaving, try a cold water rinse for abut a minute or so. This will help calm the skin down. Note both alum and witch hazel are astringents, so it may not be necessary to use both. If you use alum, but sure to rinse it all off before putting on any balms, etc.
Thanks. Should I also rinse off the thayers before using balm?

I started using the spray in thayers cucumber out or convenience and ease of use. I guess the smell isn’t too bad and goes away fast enough. When it runs out I might dump the unscented thayers in the spray bottle

Top Bottom