What's new

Thater 4125/2 finest 2 band

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a 4125/2 2 band but I'm unsure of what style of knot to get. Should I get a bulb or a fan? I primarily face lather and use soaps.

Thanks in advance

I favour Thater bulbs over fans. I found the fans to lack backbone in 2 band. The bulb suits me just about right.

I saw a YouTube video 3 days ago of a Thäter 2-band vs a 3-band. The 2-band was a fan and the 3-band a bulb.

The fan shaped knot had very little backbone, even though it was a 2 band. In the video the 3-band had more backbone.

It seems - with all info I could find - that Thäter fan knots have the tendency to splay severely. So it comes down to what you prefer. Since you facelather I think you'll be wanting the bulb ;)

Video with different knot shapes:
http://youtu.be/0S3a6LvuieE

Last edited:
Bulb. Paul admits to using his brushes hard; there's another of his videos comparing 2-band and 3-band Thater bulbs, and still others using just the 2-band. It looks great.

My 2 favorite brushes are Thaters in bulb (4125/2 2-band and 49125/0 3-band). I plan on filling in that gap with a /1 bulb sometime after the holidays. Just haven't made up my mind between a 2 or 3 band yet. I never had an interest in trying a fan.

Top Bottom