What's new

Thank you from another DE convert

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

A week and a half in I just thought I would make a few comments on how things are going, and what I have learned so far.

For me so far it seems lather is key. In the first few days I thought I had things correct, but I still ended up with several nicks each shave. Finally mid way through my first wtg pass one morning I realized that the razor wasn't gliding smoothly across my face. I threw my batch of lather out, grabbed a different product (I know a big no-no changing things around in the first week) and re-built my lather from there. That was my first nick free shave. Since then I have been able to get a nice 3 or 4 pass shave without irritation or any nicks on my face or neck.

I did try switching blades for a few shaves (from the Israel Personna's to Feathers) and was amazed at how obviously different a different blade feels in the razor! I had assumed that it would be a very subtle difference, but if that small a change can affect the experience of shaving I now understand the appeal of having different razors / blades / creams etc to rotate through! I guess I now have another hobby to eat up that disposable income :001_rolle

I have a long way to go improving my technique and exploring what will work best for me, but at least these lessons are enjoyable!

Marc

Hey Marc, welcome! I too have been amazed at how much a different blade impacts the shave. And even the same blade in a certain razor will feel totally different in a different choice.

Lot of moving pieces! What product(s) did you switch from/to?

Good luck!

Top Bottom