What's new

TGN+Whipped Dog?

So I've been looking at TGN knots and they look great. I also have been looking at Whipped Dog(already have a 24mm Silvertip on the way) and I was thinking of combining the a TGN knot with a Whipped dog handle.

Has anyone tried this? I also noticed that on TGN it says the know is actually smaller then advertised i.e a 22mm is actually 21.5ish mm. Would this cause problems combining a 21.5mm know with a 22mm handle?

Also what would you guys recommend to glue the knot to the handle?

Thanks in advance for the help Gents.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
A 20mm knot will not fit in a 20mm handle. Go 1.5 to 2 mm smaller on the knot, or use a dremel sanding drum to open up the handle. I use 2 part epoxy (just a dab) it does not take much, to secure the knot.

edit: I just saw another thread where Larry may have Manchurian two band knots, you might ask him.

Last edited:
Larry at Whipped Dog seems to be proud of the fact that he sells so many bare handles.

I have four of his handles with other knots installed. I have a fifth that I purchased with a knot and asked him not to glue together so I could set the loft myself.

Thanks for the help guys. Jim I have a Whipped Dog 24mm Silvertip in a Butterscotch handle on the way and I'm really excited about it. Perhaps after I try it out I'll take the plunge and get the handle for the TGN Knot.

Mark, looking at TGN they state that the knot is actually .5-1mm smaller then advertised. Also when gluing how do you keep the glue from getting gummed up in the knot.

You treat it carefully. Some only apply the glue to the base and apply it thinly.

Personally, I also put a thin layer on the sides and immediately wipe off anything that spills out, which I try to prevent anyway.

I also noticed that on TGN it says the know is actually smaller then advertised i.e a 22mm is actually 21.5ish mm. Would this cause problems combining a 21.5mm know with a 22mm handle?

Also what would you guys recommend to glue the knot to the handle?

None of my knots were exactly a specific dimension,i have work with dozens of them
Some aren't an exactly circular shape.
Always were +- some 0,.... mm,that's not a problem
Don't forget that you need a space for the glue in the sides.
Use a quality epoxy and let it dry for a day
No need to be in a hurry.

Top Bottom