What's new

TGN Super Silvertip Knot

I think this is what I'm going to do. I've been eying this knot since Tony started offering it!

It is a very good knot for the price. I'm giving mine to my brother for christmas because it doesn't have the density I prefer, but when my favorite brushes are a rooney finest, shavemac D01 2-band, TGN UK Silvertip (unfortunately no longer available) and Eagle G3 - you can say that I'm a density whore.

Yes I think Tony got the SuperSilvertip to fill the hole left when Vulfix jacked up the prices on the UK silvertips. I'm not sure why it's only 22mm at the moment, maybe he didn't expect high enough sales to justify getting a whole line of this grade hair from his supplier.

I have one in the low 40's loft. It's very similar to the B&B Kent LE brushes but a touch smaller (very low loft so not much bloom at all). Very soft and short lofted. Good but not great density. I'd definitely recommend it for someone who wants a smallish but very soft brush. Like all the TGN knots though, the pack is not like Simpson chubby's and Rooney Finests, so you have to keep the loft pretty low to get good face feel out of it. I'd definitely recommend it over a Size 1 Rooney Super Silvertip (the common recommendation for a sub $75 brush) for the simple fact that you can set the loft low enough. Unless you get a lucky one with a sub 45mm loft, I don't think the size one Rooney Supers are dense enough to satisfy me. I like my brushes very dense though. The only other brush I can think of that seems to be competing against a 22mm TGN SuperSilvertip Custom in this price range, size, and hair grade is the new forest Super (10011 or something?), but I have no experience with that brush.

Top Bottom