What's new

TFS Rasozero 1KG Blocks

I'm sure I saw a thread where someone described the best ways to store unused portions. Damned if I can find them though. Short of vacuum sealing, what are some of the best methods? Thanks in advance.

I'm sure I saw a thread where someone described the best ways to store unused portions. Damned if I can find them though. Short of vacuum sealing, what are some of the best methods? Thanks in advance.
I read some threads on storing Cella blocks. Some people put them in zipperlock freezer bags and then put that all in the freezer.

Light and air are your enemies. While I vacuum seal my 1kg soaps, if you just placed your unused portions in a Ziplock bag, maybe wrapped in wax paper and out of direct light, you should be fine. I've found no need to refrigerate, but I use my 1kg blocks exclusively until they're used up.

It takes about 2 years, in my experience.

Light and air are your enemies. While I vacuum seal my 1kg soaps, if you just placed your unused portions in a Ziplock bag, maybe wrapped in wax paper and out of direct light, you should be fine. I've found no need to refrigerate, but I use my 1kg blocks exclusively until they're used up.

It takes about 2 years, in my experience.

This. My p160 is over a decade old. It’s double bagged in its original box. Still smells and shaves fine.

Don’t sweat it. Don’t overthink it. It’s just soap.

This. My p160 is over a decade old. It’s double bagged in its original box. Still smells and shaves fine.

Don’t sweat it. Don’t overthink it. It’s just soap.

Just this. Just leave it in its box in a closed cabinet. Unless you use it so rarely it'll last 15 years, in this case, cut pieces from it and use them to wash body/hands.

As far as I'm aware, only Cella has a higher tendency to go off and many guys choose to refrigerate their block.

I haven't heard anything about any of the various TFS made soap blocks going off.

As far as I'm aware, only Cella has a higher tendency to go off and many guys choose to refrigerate their block.

I haven't heard anything about any of the various TFS made soap blocks going off.

Cellas has fat. Fat goes rancid. So people put it in the fridge. Rasozero has no fat. So it should live longer, wrapped as airtight as possible.

Divide the large block into pieces about 100g each. Wrap each piece in a layer of wax paper and then put into individual ziplock bags, squeezing out excess air. Put all the ziplock bags into a sealed container and store in a cool, dark place.

Thanks people! Is there something about wax paper that makes it more effective than saran wrap? Cheers.

Thanks people! Is there something about wax paper that makes it more effective than saran wrap? Cheers.
It works well and is inexpensive, I'm not sure I can give you a full-blown scientific explanation. In storing moist foods (such as cheese), a layer of wax paper around the item in a plastic bag keeps the food from drying out and still allows some air circulation because the food is not in direct contact with the plastic. Food will keep longer this way. My thinking is the layer of wax paper inside the plastic bag creates a kind of micro-climate that discourages spoilage and drying out.

Fwiw, I wouldn’t cut it into ten mini bricks. You’re going to increase the surface area and the potential of drying out big time. Ime, soft soaps dry out much more easily than they spoil.

I’ve been buying all together too much soap for 15 years. Cella is the only one I’ve ever seen straight up spoil. Most of them dry up into a crumbly, unusable mess if they aren’t kept in one big lump. Just my experience.

Top Bottom