What's new

temjeito's shave journal (starting with very first SR shave!

Well, hello there.

It's been over three weeks since I've been on B&B. Personal and work stuff kind of took over my life for a while, but things are more under control now, and I'm looking forward to getting back into things here, and catching up on everyone's journals. One new thing I just noticed is I have a custom title!!! It's actually the text of my first post on B&B. Thanks to whoever bestowed it upon me.

I've been shaving exclusively with the shavette, with great results. About two weeks ago, I stopped shaving altogether.
$image.jpg
Today I grabbed my Seraphim GD and Tabac and went to town on my head. It cut smoothly through a lot of hair, but by the end it was struggling, and the shave was not as close as with the shavette.

The Seraphim was tugging when I started my face, so I switched to my trusty Ontario Cutlery. That gave me a nice shave, with a couple of surprising cuts (due I think to the length of the hair kind of messing with my approach). I missed a few spots, though:
$image.jpg
I also lapped my new Chosera 1K and gave the infamous Kutezy a few passes. I'm optimistic.

I really need to hone almost all my razors, which I might have time to get started on this weekend. I'm fairly certain that my head is just kryptonite for edges, so maybe I'll reserve the shavette for the head...

Anyway, I think I needed that "reset." It's good to be back.

Welcome back! As a contributor at the Silver or Gold level, you get an automatic custom title by the mods.

You really are quite brave to shave your head with a straight. I would never attempt that. My headblade with 2 blade Atras works great for me. I had enough bloody encounters with my DE razors trying to shave my head...

Last edited:
Top Bottom