What's new

Tech obsession

19CA6DFD-DB6C-45E6-9E63-D2E297738527.jpeg

I seem to have a mild obsession with Gillette techs. A small collection compared to some but I enjoy it.
L-R:
Prewar fat handle tech
Prewar ball end tech
Contract tech (late 1945)
Postwar NDC fat handle tech
Postwar NDC ball end tech
1Q 1954 ball end tech
3Q 1954 ball end tech

View attachment 1242353
I seem to have a mild obsession with Gillette techs. A small collection compared to some but I enjoy it.
L-R:
Prewar fat handle tech
Prewar ball end tech
Contract tech (late 1945)
Postwar NDC fat handle tech
Postwar NDC ball end tech
1Q 1954 ball end tech
3Q 1954 ball end tech
Wouldn't call that a mild obsession. Trust me, I know what I am talking about. I have more than 25. :letterk1:

How does that short handle werk out for you? That's the only reason I don't have one; I kinda like to "choke up" on a longer handle, like I played baseball...
Yes, I think it would be difficult to hold Travel Tech handles like baseball bats.

But then, I think I would find that awkward with any razor. I tend to hold them one-handed, more like a pencil, myself.

I also take strokes rather than swinging the razor at my face.

:)

If you like your Techs, you should definitely get hold of a “STAR” double edge razor. I believe this was the only DE razor ever produced by the ASR company.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
How does that short handle werk out for you? That's the only reason I don't have one; I kinda like to "choke up" on a longer handle, like I played baseball...
It wouldn’t be my preferred size as a daily driver, but the shorter handle still gives a great shave. It doesn’t feel awkward or weird in your hand and I just dig the secret agent gadget look to the setup. I rigged up an Altoids tin to house the works, my only DE with a dedicated travel case, so it must be special.

You have one fine collection sir!
Thank you
Wait until you go down the Brit Tech rabbit hole. Flat bottoms, Hybrids. Incredible Bakelite and metal cases. It’s a slippery slope.
My choice if I were to get a British tech would be for the aluminum version
I rigged up an Altoids tin to house the works
The large Altoids tin looks like it would be good for the regular size tech and a tuck of blades

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It wouldn’t be my preferred size as a daily driver, but the shorter handle still gives a great shave. It doesn’t feel awkward or weird in your hand and I just dig the secret agent gadget look to the setup. I rigged up an Altoids tin to house the works, my only DE with a dedicated travel case, so it must be special.
My Canadian Dude, if it weren't for the fact that we aren't the same age, I'd swear we were twins seperated at birth!

PLEASE tell me your favorite parts of the OLD "James Bond" movies was Q's gadgets! I am so ADHD that even today I have to rewind the movies because my mind will go into a Walter Mitty moment!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes, I think it would be difficult to hold Travel Tech handles like baseball bats.

But then, I think I would find that awkward with any razor. I tend to hold them one-handed, more like a pencil, myself.

I also take strokes rather than swinging the razor at my face.

:)
THIS is probably why I avoid shaving so much of the time!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
My Canadian Dude, if it weren't for the fact that we aren't the same age, I'd swear we were twins seperated at birth!

PLEASE tell me your favorite parts of the OLD "James Bond" movies was Q's gadgets! I am so ADHD that even today I have to rewind the movies because my mind will go into a Walter Mitty moment!
Inspired by Q no doubt....
1CBA14FB-F494-4D75-A32D-6FB7B5C87F60.jpeg
8147A325-578C-4001-9495-DA2EC09E43DD.jpeg

it’s fun being a kid still.......

Top Bottom