What's new

Taylor's New v. Old Formulations - A Primer

Ah, I shall savour my Taylor's Rose with the knowledge that every shave brings me closer to my last with such a classic.

I was going to post a "WTB: Taylors old formulation creams" but I think this thread just jacked up the prices. I may do it anyways...

letterk said:
I was going to post a "WTB: Taylors old formulation creams" but I think this thread just jacked up the prices. I may do it anyways...

John,

I wrote Taylor of Old Bond Street an email in early May, 2006 advising them of the severe irriation I experienced with the "New Formula" Rose Cream. They wrote back and advised me their testing indicated no problems.

However, they indicated at that time that the Rose in the tubes was still the old formula and that they had also found some old stock of the "Original Formula" Rose Cream in tubs and they would be willing to supply me with some. If you are interested you might shoot Taylor's an email and ask them if the tubes still contain the old formula and you might ask them if they still have any "New Old Stock" of the scents you are looking for. They will apparently sell them to you direct. As well, if the tubes they are currently producing contain the "Old Formula" we might still be in luck.

Let me know if you decide to email them and the results as well. The rose is really the only one I would be interested in at all.

letterk said:
I just got an email from Taylor and they said all Avocado in tubes is still old formulation.

I think all tubes must be the old formulation. Is that strange or what? Tubs are new formulation...tubes are old formulation! :confused:

A note about the labels. My new formulation Avocado has the changed color on the label, but it printed on, not a sticker. My new formulation Rose has the sticker.

letterk said:
A note about the labels. My new formulation Avocado has the changed color on the label, but it printed on, not a sticker. My new formulation Rose has the sticker.

My new forumlation Avocado, like my other new formulation tubs, has a sticker... maybe this suggests that Avocado was the first to be re-formulated (prior to the introduction of the sticker lables)? Just a guess...

Top Bottom