What's new

Tatara one pass shave. Glass!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
You could do two passes, or even three passes. But why?
I have moved on to one pass short stroke shaves with the Tatara. And it is glass smooth.

I started shaving like that about two years ago. Short, quick strokes directly ATG with my Fatip Grande and then later with my MMOC.

MMOC/PTFE for its 4th shave.

WK.

Maggard Synthetic.

~100 hours since last shave. I dont think it would matter if it was around 200 hours.

Single buffing pass ATG. One clean up. The MMOC is all business and this was business as usual.

Nice comfy BBS. What more could be asked for.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The secret to shaving directly ATG first pass is a rigid design, something the Tatara razors have. The more stable the blade the smoother and more efficiently you can use the razor.

The secret to shaving directly ATG first pass is a rigid design, something the Tatara razors have. The more stable the blade the smoother and more efficiently you can use the razor.

Great point!! Rigidity is key for me also!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I did a one pass shave today with an Astra in my Tech using Barbasol. It turned out BBS on most of my face and DFS on the rest. If one has good technique a one pass shave is quite acceptable. Blade life is increased too. I am pleased!

Last edited:
Nodachi top cap, masamune base plate.

Have you tried any other Tatara offerings? (full Masamune or full Nodachi) I have been using the full Nodachi head for a couple of months now and it has been giving me excellent shaves. However, it shaves so close that I don't think it's suited for daily shaves.

I'm thinking of ordering the Masamune baseplate in the hope that it will be more suited for a daily shaver. Is there any razor that you can compare this combination to?

Have you tried any other Tatara offerings? (full Masamune or full Nodachi) I have been using the full Nodachi head for a couple of months now and it has been giving me excellent shaves. However, it shaves so close that I don't think it's suited for daily shaves.

I'm thinking of ordering the Masamune baseplate in the hope that it will be more suited for a daily shaver. Is there any razor that you can compare this combination to?

I can only speak for the full masamune but the nearest I can liken it to is the feather asd2 for me in shaving feel.

Top Bottom